Male HQ

Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)

Bad News for fragrance lovers. Some of your favorite perfumes have to be reformulated due to new E.U . regulations restricting some of the ingredients in the EDT and perfumes.

Something to do with the Iso E super (fragrance fixator) not to exceed to 20% of the diluted components and Oakmoss ( synthetic) also have to be controlled.

watch this.

some the fragrance in the list ot be reformulated to comply wioth new EU rulings are;

Creed Aventus.

LOndon for men by Burberry.

Chanel Anteaus.

Chanel No.5 ( the classic, masterpiece)

Davidoff Cool Water.

Chanel Egoiste Platinum.

Boss Bottled Hugo Boss.

Aqua Di Gio girgio Armani.

Hermes Terre de Hermes.

The list is not exhaustive , there are more than 150 scents on the required reformulation list.

I recently bought a brand name EDT from a renowned retailer, it was during the christmas shopping period,  It costs above 150 singapore dollars . it came is a christams box coffret special which came with 2 smaller spray bottles of a EDP and a summer eau fraiche spray bottles.

The distributor for the product is LUXAsia singapore pte ltd.

after wearing the scent for many occasions, I find that the scent i bought only last about 1-2 hours on my skin.

i find that it is not acceptable for me to have spent $150 above for a 100 ml , French renowned company to have a product that only last 1-2 hours.

I was thinking of writing in to LUXasia and tell them about my unhappiness.

Maybe , I should make a Youtube video and make my problem known.

No flaming please.

The last time I bought a scent from Nuance at airport duty free,when i called the customer service hotline and tell them that the sent smelled diferent from what i am used to, they called me and told me i can have a exchange of the same scent which i did, and i still find the fragrance was lighter than it used to be, later on they even offered me a refund.

That was the best customer service from Nuance Watson at Changi airport.

I wonder if Luxasia will treat me with the same respect.

Current list of fragrances I am using:

1. Calvin Klein - Intense Euphoria (favorite)

2. Issey Miyaki - Pour Homme

3. Issey Miyaki - Nuit D'Issey

4. Chanel - Bleu

5. Hugo Boss - Selection

6. Montblanc -Starwalker

7. Ferrari - Cedar Essence

8. Diesel - Fuel for Life

9. D'Square - Wood (Silver)

10. Calvin Klein - Summer

Have tested and bought some fragrances at the shops.  But when I use it, it doesn't smell as good.  Some are pretty monotonous, and hence are left out of my list.

I recently bought a brand name EDT from a renowned retailer, it was during the christmas shopping period,  It costs above 150 singapore dollars . it came is a christams box coffret special which came with 2 smaller spray bottles of a EDP and a summer eau fraiche spray bottles.

after wearing the scent for many occasions, I find that the scent i bought only last about 1-2 hours on my skin.

i find that it is not acceptable for me to have spent $150 above for a 100 ml , French renowned company to have a product that only last 1-2 hours.

No flaming please.

The last time I bought a scent from Nuance at airport duty free,when i called the customer service hotline and tell them that the sent smelled diferent from what i am used to, they called me and told me i can have a exchange of the same scent which i did, and i still find the fragrance was lighter than it used to be, later on they even offered me a refund.

Many fragrances have suffered from reformulations, that's why.

Even my favorite Angel men/A*men got toned down :/

Under your influence, you're the magic in my veins.

• 4 weeks later...

Current scents I'm using:

1. Tom Ford- Tobacco Vanille (favorite/Special Occasions)

2. L'Occitane - Eau Des Baux

3. Jean Paul Gaultier- Le Male

4. Givenchy - Gentleman Only Intense

5. Christian Dior - Ambre Nuit

6. Paco Rabbane -1 Million Intense

tumblr_mwhdl80Uz81qgzh68o1_400.gif

:clap: harder, better, faster, stronger ^_^  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Perfume has alcohol and chemicals that will sting and irritate the delicate skin of your genital area, unless you have super thick skin down there already,

no where in any men or woman's magazine for grooming or health and fitness has anyone ever advocated to spray perfume, EDT or cologne on or near the genitals , because the genitals have highly delicate and sensitive skin,

Even perfume counters spray on the cards made of paper , its a trick , you know why ??? I tell you, because perfume and EDt has a lot of uncontrolled and unknown chemicals of which it potential for causing an allergic reaction is still a mystery and unknown to a lot of people, the sales person sprays on the card, you spray on your skin yourself , right.

So , if you have a rash and allergic reaction to that particular companies perfume product, they protect themselves from litigation by claiming that they sprayed on the paper and not on your skin, it is you who choose to bring it to your nose to smell it, and it is you who decided to spray it on you skin to test its reaction your skin, they are protected if they get sued by a customer who had a allergic reaction from testing out their perfume and customer sprayed it on their skin themselves.

Free from litigation for perfume companies, that is why recently , EU ( European Union ) legislated to reformulate the contents of perfume containing substances that may cause a severe reaction like natural oakmoss and potentially highly carcinogenic compounds like ISO E from a lot of popular and customer liked fragrances.

• 1 month later...

Updated my collection:

1. Tom Ford- Tobacco Vanille (Special Occasions)

2. Tom Ford- Noir de Noir (Special Occasions)

3. Jean Paul Gaultier- Le Male (for work)

4. Maison Martin Margiela- Jazz Club 

5. Chanel- Allure Homme Sport (when I'm at the gym or outdoor activities)

6. Bleu de Chanel (casual)

Planning to get Kouros by YSL and Chanel Antaeus. (warning: not for unsophisticated noses)

Edited by Frodoo

Guest Guest

Does anyone know is there any other brand there smells almost similar or slightly stronger to the blue bottle kenzo for men?

I love kenzo currently which is light and smells refreshing but because of the hot weather now,

It doesn't last unless in a cold climate.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know is there any other brand there smells almost similar or slightly stronger to the blue bottle kenzo for men?

I love kenzo currently which is light and smells refreshing but because of the hot weather now,

Are you referring to Kenzo Pour Homme? You might want to try Christian Dior's Fahrenheit. 

Guest guest

I used CD's  Fahrenheit many years ago when it was first introduced. Good top and mid tone but its base tone does not  linger at all. Indeed it is masculine and seductive due to its woody nature. Prefer Bleinheim Bouquet or Bayeola of Penhaligon...very subtle yet refreshing and hold on to the body for quite long time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
9 hours ago, luvhandle said:

perfume -able to cover bo? (body odour)

Depends from person to person as the ester reacts differently.

I had served a lady who sprayed on the D&G light blue and it ended up smelling like pineapples instead of the light earthy floral that most people end up having.

Would recommend you to try on the one that you like on your wrist and let it settle for an hour or so before deciding it helps and if you like it your not! ;)

If not ralph lauren, polo and hugo boss do sell deodorant sticks of the exact scent of the perfume! :)

i missed the Polo Ralph Lauren Monogram. I loved the smell so much. Sadly no more.

Now, mainly is Polo Black. I think its closer to monogram.

Calvin klein - Escape & One(still in the box).

Gucci - guilty. (regret buying. its still in the box) I feel its belong to the ladies range. Didn't check properly previously.

Mont Blanc -  (still in the box)

Hugo Boss - (still in the box)

Curious - I tried DKNY green apples. Initially its ok. After some time, it smells bad. is it bcas i am not suitable for it? Or some perfume actually don't suit our body.

I hated most is those ladies perfume, esp auntie type. Super heavy smell, super stink. I usually hold my breath if in the same lift in shopping mall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18/01/2015 at 11:51 AM, Guest Guest said:

No flaming please.

what scent is this? is it a new scent you tried or a repeat purchase?

unfortunately there is also such a property they call as 'longevity' for perfumes which can differ due to quality of the perfume but it can also be due to the materials used in creating that perfume; so even/especially for niche perfumes wherein some brands claim to use purer quality or more percentage of raw materials, it can happen even in the same brand that a scent tends to last longer than another scent; ive read somewhere and also noticed for example that some niche brand citrus based perfumes do not last long as those that focus on woody ingredients; one personal example, from a this brand called l'artisan they have a long list of scents, once scent that i quite like is called Passage d'Enfer which is like a watery incense scent; but unfortunately, the longevity performance is really low, it disappears quite fast; but other scents of the brand have longer longevity; i havent found a similar scent so unfortunately i have to stick with it :)

of course this is just one aspect of it; other reasons could also be the differences in EDT/EDP/cologne, although some 'cologne' these days last a heck of a long time :P

and yeah, some could be due to changes in the formulation if you have used the same perfume before and noticed a change

it's always good to try a scent if you have the chance or time to see how it performs on your skin (or clothes, wherever you usually use them)

if you're interested to check further, you can also try to read blogs or forums about that particular scent to see if the longevity performance is common to other users

and also you mentioned "after wearing the scent for many occasions, I find that the scent i bought only last about 1-2 hours on my skin."

if you really like the perfume and cant find an alternative, one suggestion i have is to spray also on your clothes, it will make the scent on 'you' last longer

:)

On 10/04/2015 at 7:04 AM, Guest Guest said:

you can check the site called fragrantica, theres a section there for similar scents for a perfume that readers post on, you can get some suggestions

unfortunately i just checked, if you're referring to the blue bamboo bottle, which is Pour Homme, there is currently no suggestion (although i can see that there's been quite a number of summer editions, maybe you can try those or take a hint from suggestions for the other versions); there is another bluish bottle/liquid which is L'eau par kenzo pour homme which has a few suggestions

On 17 January 2015 at 2:14 AM, Guest Guest said:

Bad News for fragrance lovers. Some of your favorite perfumes have to be reformulated due to new E.U . regulations restricting some of the ingredients in the EDT and perfumes.

Something to do with the Iso E super (fragrance fixator) not to exceed to 20% of the diluted components and Oakmoss ( synthetic) also have to be controlled.

watch this.

some the fragrance in the list ot be reformulated to comply wioth new EU rulings are;

Creed Aventus.

LOndon for men by Burberry.

Chanel Anteaus.

Chanel No.5 ( the classic, masterpiece)

Davidoff Cool Water.

Chanel Egoiste Platinum.

Boss Bottled Hugo Boss.

Aqua Di Gio girgio Armani.

Hermes Terre de Hermes.

The list is not exhaustive , there are more than 150 scents on the required reformulation list.

happens all the time :(

but am glad i got to smell or use many in this list during their heydays :))

On 4 January 2016 at 5:20 PM, benedict5856 said:

Curious - I tried DKNY green apples. Initially its ok. After some time, it smells bad. is it bcas i am not suitable for it? Or some perfume actually don't suit our body.

possibly

or the perfume just really turns bad/sour regardless who's wearing :)

On 11 February 2016 at 3:24 AM, lilyboy said:

you can check the site called fragrantica, theres a section there for similar scents for a perfume that readers post on, you can get some suggestions

unfortunately i just checked, if you're referring to the blue bamboo bottle, which is Pour Homme, there is currently no suggestion (although i can see that there's been quite a number of summer editions, maybe you can try those or take a hint from suggestions for the other versions); there is another bluish bottle/liquid which is L'eau par kenzo pour homme which has a few suggestions

I am also using fragrantica especially when looking for something similar. 

• G_M changed the title to Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.