Male HQ

New Diamond Health Centre (Closed and Renamed to Hercules)

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's high time the management of new diamond health centre come out of their cubicle to justify why regular customers or supporters of diamond shld be paying for 23 bucks instead of giving these regular supporters value for money added

services like good discounts rates for being loyal but instead these people ended up paying more with membership fees

what a joke,oh these regular customers are treated like dirt!

This is daylight robbery.

Pay $23 for membership and on top of that $16/

The visit comes to $39.

During weekends before 6pm means what? $23 + $21 = $44???

This is ridiculous.

I think Diamond planning to close shop, and before doing so, trying to get off with a lump sum

from the customers.

High time to switch to 10mens.

Guest -touch-

The visit comes to $39.

This is ridiculous.

I think Diamond planning to close shop, and before doing so, trying to get off with a lump sum

from the customers.

Cool it. Diamond says the membership fee is only a ONE-OFF collection and not an ANNUAL FEE. So we only have to pay ONCE. The rest of the user's charge applies. I am very disappointed with this implementation. The person who answers my queries was polite enough but does not explain why the sudden implementation. As far as I am concerned, I think Diamond has the right to collect membership fees BUT it is going to be a difficult pill to swallow for most of its regular customers. WHY?

It is important to get the facts right. We have the right to be upset but no right to mis-state its case.

Guest -touch-
I visit DHC twice a week. There is NO SUCH THING as a membership fee levied at customers. PERIOD.

Sorry, blowingwind friends, I am taking back what I have said here. I am truly very disapppointed with Diamond's membership implementation. But let us think objectively: maybe it is a PRACTICAL way to keep the business going.

With reference to the above few posts, I made a call to Diamond to enquire about the membership and here are my findings :

1. The ONE time membership is $10 (NOT $23 as mentioned by Guest @ 12:54am)

2. Diamond is looking at loyalty programs for members (Details to be released later)

3. Diamond is moving towards an Exclusive PLU business instead of Str8 business.

4. Diamond will be phasing out female masseurs providing massage to customers.

5. Some management restructuring is under way to make Diamond more conducive for PLU.

e.g. i) Rooms will be fitted with tissue dispensing box for cleaning.

e.g. ii) Safety kit will be provided at the counter upon customer's request.

Diamond's Membership Drive is now on! (For a limited period only!)

Membership ($10) + Discount on Entry Fee (depending on day and timing of arrival)

For more info on the charges, please contact Diamond at Tel: (65) 6392-2396 for more details.

The visit comes to $39.

This is ridiculous.

from the customers.

Guest, I think you did not visit Diamond because the information you posted is WRONG.

Please have the courtesy to find out the actual costing instead of speculating and mislead others with wrong information.

Correction

Weekday Charges

Membership : $10 (One time)

Entry Fee : $17 (Normal timing)

----------------------------------

Sub Total : $27

Promotion Price : $23 (Limited period only)

===================

Weekend Charges

Membership : $10 (One time)

Entry Fee : $21 (1pm - 6pm)

Sub Total : $31

Promotion Price : $28 (Limited period only)

===================

New Diamond Health Centre

Located at 05-01, Sultan Plaza, 100 Jalan Sultan near the junction with Beach Road, Tel: (65) 6392-2396.

There is a One time membership fee of $10.

It charges entry fee for Weekdays is $17 (10am - 1pm), $20 (1pm - 6pm) and $13 (6pm - 11pm).

It charges entry fee for Weekends is $18 (10am - 1pm), $21 (1pm - 6pm) and $16 (6pm - 11pm).

**Disclaimer :

i) The above pricing are normal pricing and not Promotion pricing unless otherwise stated.

ii) I am not a share holder of Diamond nor do I have any stake in Diamond or any spa.

For more info on the Promotion charges, please contact Diamond at Tel: (65) 6392-2396 for more details.

Diamond is moving towards an Exclusive PLU business instead of Str8 business.

Hope it live up to a "Exclusive" standard if it want o collect membership.

The condition of the place is till not ... hmmm..."Exclusive" standard?

With the bad times ahead.. any increase or additional charges will put off customers for while.

Edited by maturemedium

Don't worry, Be happy

I will buy Diamond price increase if there are some improvements done. But change price 1st then pending some makeovers? I guess Diamond will have to wait for a while to earn my membership...lets see it deliver the changes 1st.

Guest -touch-
With reference to the above few posts, I made a call to Diamond to enquire about the membership and here are my findings :

1. The ONE time membership is $10 (NOT $23 as mentioned by Guest @ 12:54am)

2. Diamond is looking at loyalty programs for members (Details to be released later)

3. Diamond is moving towards an Exclusive PLU business instead of Str8 business.

5. Some management restructuring is under way to make Diamond more conducive for PLU.

Diamond's Membership Drive is now on! (For a limited period only!)

Membership ($10) + Discount on Entry Fee (depending on day and timing of arrival)

For more info on the charges, please contact Diamond at Tel: (65) 6392-2396 for more details.

Thank you for taking time to seek clarification from Diamond.

the 23 bucks (entrance fee + membership fee) started only this monday - 15 dec 2008, a lot of customers were caught unaware of this 23 bucks until when they turned up on monday to realise they have to pay this amt to gain access into

new diamond health centre premises-a membership card which comes in the form of like a namecard will be issued to u

on the spot-members entering the facility are supposed to show and produce each time when they enter the facility,

non-members is 26 bucks..................... :swear:

it's high time the management of new diamond health centre come out of their cubicle to justify why regular customers or supporters of diamond shld be paying for 23 bucks instead of giving these regular supporters value for money added

services like good discounts rates for being loyal but instead these people ended up paying more with membership fees

what a joke,oh these regular customers are treated like dirt!

The above guest shares the same IP address.

Guest, I know who you are and the run-in you had with Diamond. I would like to advice you to stop trying to create problem for Diamond. Diamond has every right to stop you from distributing fliers in their premises. If you want to distribute fliers, please have the decent courtesy to ask the management for permission.

Your action to use BW to character assassinate Diamond is appalling. Any more such tact from you and I will be forced to take hush action against you. Please take this as a friendly warning to you.

hi ppl, pardon my ignorance, but what is the main difference between:

(1) sauna, and

(2) steam room??

or they both mean the same thing??

finally, is there a max. amt. of time u should be inside??

thx. =)

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Diamond this afternoon. They changed the wall lamp lights from white to various color bulbs. The place especially the bathing pool looks darker with the non-white color lights. More private.They also added some hangers in the bathing area. I spotted some paint wall on selected walls. They also removed the karaoke system. Some of the old sofas were moved in.

I hope this is only the beginning.

Guest -mottobono-
Went to Diamond this afternoon. They changed the wall lamp lights from white to various color bulbs. The place especially the bathing pool looks darker with the non-white color lights. More private.They also added some hangers in the bathing area. I spotted some paint wall on selected walls. They also removed the karaoke system. Some of the old sofas were moved in.

I hope this is only the beginning.

Sorry for the blank page which i posted earlier. Surely Diamond must improve itself with the new membership requirement.

Guest nasi lemak
hi ppl, pardon my ignorance, but what is the main difference between:

(1) sauna, and

(2) steam room??

or they both mean the same thing??

finally, is there a max. amt. of time u should be inside??

Sauna is normally dry sauna where the heat is introduced into the room. Stones are also normally heated so as to retain and slow release heat. The heat source can be electric, gas or even from burning wood. Sometimes water is sprinkled onto the stones making the sauna more of a "wet sauna".

Steam room is exactly that. Water is heated to form steam and the steam is introduced into the room.

Max amt of time is usually 15 mins but those with heart conditions should either not use the sauna/steam or should decrease the amount of time.

What is the Difference Between a Sauna and a Steam Room?

Saunas and steam rooms both use heat therapeutically, but they do it in different ways. Essentially, a sauna uses dry heat, while a steam room incorporates high humidity and warmth. Both open up the pores of the body, helping them to eliminate toxins through sweat, ease joint pain, improve circulation, relax bathers, and strengthen the immune system. Which one you use is a matter of personal preference; most people who cannot endure the dry heat of a sauna, for example, greatly enjoy a steam room, while people who do not enjoy the sensation of a steam room benefit from using saunas instead.

A sauna uses a heater or a wood burning stove in an enclosed room to elevate the temperature, usually above 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees Celsius). In a traditional dry sauna, sauna bathers sit or lie in the sauna to absorb the warmth, which elevates the internal temperature, stimulates blood flow, and opens up the pores. After a set period in the sauna, the bather jumps out into a cold plunge or shower, and then rests at room temperature before entering the sauna for another round.

Some saunas incorporate small amounts of steam, usually in the form of cold water which is sprinkled on the sauna heater, or rocks placed on top of the sauna stove. Often, the water is mixed with essential oils such as lavender to relax or eucalyptus to improve to ease muscle pain and kill germs. The brief burst of humidity caused by the steam makes the sauna feel more hot, and can in fact scald sauna bathers if the sauna is too hot, causing the steam to boil the skin it contacts. For this reason, water is used sparingly in a sauna.

A steam room is maintained at a much lower temperature, usually not more than 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43 degrees Celsius), but the humidity is kept very high: usually around 100%. Bathers who enter a steam room are usually immediately surrounded by a cloud of vapor, and sit or lie on benches to absorb the benefits of steam. The cooler temperature makes steam rooms more bearable for some people, and also helps asthmatics and other people suffering from breathing conditions.

Will a Sauna Help Me Lose Weight?

The weight loss that one may experience when using a sauna is temporary, due to the fact that the loss is through sweating, and is primarily water weight. This is easily regained after drinking a couple of glasses of water or juice. Some argue that the heart beats faster, which in turn results in the body burning more calories while in a sauna. However, this effect may result in very tiny increments of weight loss. Using a sauna is certainly not as effective as spending the same amount of time pursuing an aerobic activity like walking, swimming, or taking an aerobics class.

Drink sater

When you are in a Sauna and a Steam Room, your body temparature will increase and you will perspire. It is important to drink plenty of fluids both before and after. Dehydration can be a very serious problem and should be avoided. Also, make sure that you wait at least an hour after eating a big meal before you enter. Do not go if you are already have a fever.

Manage time

You don't need to stay a long time to reap the benefits. About fifteen minutes is the perfect time. Pay attention to the signals your body sends. If you're uncomfortable and desperate for cool air, leave before the fifteen minutes are up. You may need to slowly build up your tolerance.

Don't go if you are sick. Sauna and a Steam Room should never be used by people who have a fever or any type, or open wounds. Both of these conditions can get much worse.

Edited by snowball

it is a buyer market now.

If the market cannot accept their new pricing, the management will know in a short time. Put it this way, they have been in the mid-high range for quite some time and still manages to draw in crowds. So there is still possible for them.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

it is a buyer market now.

If the market cannot accept their new pricing, the management will know in a short time. Put it this way, they have been in the mid-high range for quite some time and still manages to draw in crowds. So there is still possible for them.

I think the most important thing is to able to meet someone that you like there and have good fun...pointless to go for cheap places where you cannot find those that you like...

I like DHC for the conservative crowd...even if I don't meet anyone interesting...I am still able to relax at the hot/cold pool or steam room.

Guest ah beng

hi diamond.

it is so difficult to get new cust to your club, if there are less people in your club, cust will lose interest.

everyone are having less money to spend. your price is too high, no one come visit. so what is the point of imposing a membership fees.

your regulars like me are upset because you have never pose a membership fees in the first place. you are driving us away. honestly, i love to visit diamond cos if I dun get lucky, i still get to visit the hot pool.

please take lessons from the Daiso, Plaza Singapura.

so kindly reverse your membership policy. your old faithful cust will come back. better still we bring in more people is you lower your price.

I will return if you remove the membership fees.

diamond, it is time to revert back to old prices and remove membership charges...your regulars will thank you by bringing in more people.

ah beng

What did Daiso do to impress you? Please enlighten. Thanks.

Let me kaypo and say that Daiso's business model has worked for it very well. Everything at the shop is sold at $2 each. Some items really give great value at $2 but some items are not at all that cheap even at $2. We are "tricked" into thinking $2 is affordable so we just pick up items and put them into the cart. At the cashier point, you can be poorer by $20 or more. It all balances out. The thing is, customers perceive Daiso as a place for getting things at a relatively cheaper price. Hence, their shops, the big one at IMM and the second one at Plaza Singapura, are more often than not always packed with customers.

I've also chanced upon their branch in Taipei and it was also the same, lots of shoppers who do buy.

So the reasoning is, if DHC lowers its entry price and get rids of the membership fee, people will perceive this place as a good place of value to hang out and the word will spread by mouth and the crowds will come. The crowds come and there will be more pickings, then better business for DHC, then better maintenance and repairs done to the premises, and so the cycle goes on.

Hope this helps. But then again, I may be completely wrong, suddenly remembering that the $1 shops that used to pepper all over Singapore have just about completely disappeared.

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

Guest newbie

I am one who will not pay membership fees to enter any sauna. It is just another excuse to earn quick bucks. We have seen so many examples of saunas closing and opening, and usually by the same owners.

I, like many others, like to visit Diamond. As many said, even if i do not get lucky, I can sit quietly and watched movies/tv, read the papers, enjoy the facilities (if they are cleaned) and just relax. Honestly, I like the old old Diamond, eventhough then it looked dipilated and run down. However, cleanliness is maintained, I have cleaned towels and shorts, paos to eat when i am hungry and that funnily sweet syrup water. Sigh!

Well, times are bad. I guess the Owners of Diamond have the right to do what they want to do, it is afterall their business. But! I, as a customer, can also exercise my choice of whether to continue visiting this place. So, if things persist as they are, my choice is obvious...Adios Diamond!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest white hair
wondering how's the crowd like since they introduced the membership scheme. anyone still going there?

Went on Sun around 12pm, from the check-in record was less than 50 persons. Not interesting but manage to have fun with one of the white hair guy in the late afternoon.

Guest Guest Gem

I understand that Diamond has scrapped its membership system.

As such , would those who have paid up for the membership be given a refund in the form of a 1 time admission discount ?

For eg., instead of paying $21, those with the membership card will be admitted at $11 .( 1 time only). Of course, Diamond will collect back the card.

I believe this goodwill gesture will help Diamond win back some of its customers, many of whom have migrated to rival saunas.

High time Diamond be more proactive and competitive if they want to make the mark in this lucrative market.

Guest -Butted-

As such , would those who have paid up for the membership be given a refund in the form of a 1 time admission discount ?

For eg., instead of paying $21, those with the membership card will be admitted at $11 .( 1 time only). Of course, Diamond will collect back the card.

I believe this goodwill gesture will help Diamond win back some of its customers, many of whom have migrated to rival saunas.

High time Diamond be more proactive and competitive if they want to make the mark in this lucrative market.

Bloody idiot. I just paid membership last month !!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Regular
Went on Sun around 12pm, from the check-in record was less than 50 persons. Not interesting but manage to have fun with one of the white hair guy in the late afternoon.

Agrees. Offset one time entrance fees at the next visit to those who are registered Diamond membership

Guest love-sauna
Agrees. Offset one time entrance fees at the next visit to those who are registered Diamond membership

Even at price of $21 its steep relative to competitor. I am not saying thats a price operator reaping customer. Called on Sunday about the entrance fees at 5.45. The guy told me its 21$. I then asked isnt it cheaper after 6 pm, he reluctantly confirmed it at 16$ with annoyance. Why didn't he tell me since its only 15 mins to 6 pm or he expected me to be already at the door. Even I was at the door, I could have held back for 15 mins inoder to save the 5$. So I was annoyed and did not go and don't intend to go next three months.

Even at price of $21 its steep relative to competitor. I am not saying thats a price operator reaping customer. Called on Sunday about the entrance fees at 5.45. The guy told me its 21$. I then asked isnt it cheaper after 6 pm, he reluctantly confirmed it at 16$ with annoyance. Why didn't he tell me since its only 15 mins to 6 pm or he expected me to be already at the door. Even I was at the door, I could have held back for 15 mins inoder to save the 5$. So I was annoyed and did not go and don't intend to go next three months.

FYI, 2 of my friends bought the memberships & when they called up & asked for refund (not all the $, rebate) was told by the 'receptionist'...NO! Refund & slampped down his call. From my understanding (dun know whether its true or not) that was the strategy, not enough fund to cover the meals provided to guests. Also ive encountered once too - I was there at 5.55pm & paid $21 lah, my friend was behind me & told me that I should wait for another 5mins which costs me much lesser. Before i opened my mouth to say anything, skinny guy at the counter quickly said: No such things coz paid liao...sigh! Kena Pian liao. Din go there for a mth plus liao lor.

Guest love-sauna
FYI, 2 of my friends bought the memberships & when they called up & asked for refund (not all the $, rebate) was told by the 'receptionist'...NO! Refund & slampped down his call. From my understanding (dun know whether its true or not) that was the strategy, not enough fund to cover the meals provided to guests. Also ive encountered once too - I was there at 5.55pm & paid $21 lah, my friend was behind me & told me that I should wait for another 5mins which costs me much lesser. Before i opened my mouth to say anything, skinny guy at the counter quickly said: No such things coz paid liao...sigh! Kena Pian liao. Din go there for a mth plus liao lor.

Meal ??? the last time I was there, I did not taste even a biscuit

Guest guest

Agree fully that diamond should refund those who had paid for their membership previously.

Only then would more customers visit diamond.

Dear Fellow BW Members,

I've made a check with Diamond's Management and was informed that what Guest wrote about the scrapping of membership and refund are NOT TRUE.

Please do not be tricked by unscrupulous Guest posting.

You can confirm it yourself by calling:

New Diamond Health Centre - (65) 6392-2396.

There is a One time membership fee of $10.

================================================

Disclaimer,

I am not a shareholder of any saunas or have any stake in any saunas.

Some people are just vicious. They will go all out to destroy others' business as they have an agenda with an establishment.

Guest Gem, did u hear it from someone or did u made up the whole matter?

Please confirm things and not post hear-say in the forum.

==============================

For those who echos what Guest Gem says and started bitching at Diamond. Shame on you. You guys are mature adults with brains. Why didn't you guys confirm with Diamond and find out the truth about it yourself. How gullible and idiotic you made yourself to be.

If you are not happy to pay for membership, then don't patronise the establishment. No one force you to join. If you had paid for membership, and if you are still not happy, make suggestive criticism to the establishment and allow time for them to improve.

Don't behave like a bloody women and bitch about how unhappy you had forked out ur hard earned $10.

If you got no money then don't go sauna, go cruise in toilets, parks, or go online, etc.

Any more bitching about Diamond's membership will be deleted.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DHC's regular

Hope this paragraph will not be deleted. Diamond is my first sauna and would not be my last :rolleyes: . However, I've not been there for says more than 2 mths. One thing is for sure, I did paid up the membership. Hope is no big deals to most of the working adults.

Below are my encounters, criticisms and suggestion :

Encounter 1 : It were mentioned a few times in the forum that some customers paid more because they arrived there just before 6p.m. They would have paid $5 or less if they just waited for a few more minutes. This is absolutely true. I am one of the “close” victim but refused to be one during one of the occasion. I arrived at 540p.m. and asked for a rub back + sauna entry. I was quoted the full price. Trying to hint the receptionist or the in-charge, I said “Would I use the sauna during the rub back?”. He shown me the “Well take it or leave it face and stick to the regular entry price”. NDM, I gave the sauna a missed that day. I gave the rub back guy a $10 tips. :rolleyes:

Suggestion 1 : Please improve the timing and charges.

New Diamond Health Centre

membership fee of $10.

Entry fee for Weekdays is $17 (10am - 1pm), $20 (1pm - 6pm) and $13 (6pm - 11pm).

Entry fee for Weekends is $18 (10am - 1pm), $21 (1pm - 6pm) and $16 (6pm - 11pm).

Maybe there should be peak, off-peak and weekend charges only. Maximum up to 4 rates. Practice the key words (KIS : Keep it simple). If you think 2 pricings can work for weekdays and weekends, that would be even better.

There is one question here which I don’t get the answer even I asked numerously: Why entrance fee between, 1pm – 6pm when most of the working adults are still in the offices is the most expensive?. Whereas 6pm – 10pm entrance fee which come with a dinner is much cheaper?

P.S : if one of the customer arrive at your door step around 5p.m and ask for a massage + sauna, you should let him know that “ Brother, since you are here for a massage why not staying back for sauna to complete the relaxation and it is at a off peak rate even though it is 5pm only.” :thumb:

Suggestion 2 : Exclusive PLU Business model

(Cut from GM’s posting)

To be exclusive PLU business, Do you have what it takes? Ask this question to yourself and make a list of things to be improved. It should at least include to pay a visit to 17, TMC and maybe Shogun. I visited twice to TMC since I stopped going to Diamond. Cleanliness and rooms are clearly the winners over DHC. However, DHC clienteles is more on mature (chub/slim/athlete inclusively) whereas the rest of the sauna generally have more youngsters.

DHC should concentrate on mature and mature chaser to the club. They are your base, without them, which directions DHC is steering towards.

If DHC hire 2 additional cleaners for 700 dollars each to do 12 hrs by 7days to clean the rooms 2 hourly, the cost is only $1400. It only takes 70 customers base on $20/entry. To be Exclusive Sauna, how can cleanliness and tidiness be left-out. Right?

IS DHC handling out Safety kit already upon customer’s request?

Suggestion 3 : All DHC and other saunas visitors

Please clean up the place after completed your activities in the room. Keep the place clean and reduce the maintenance cost. This saving might be passed to you from the sauna owners.

Miscellaneous:

1. Wet floor : educate customers and find ways of avoiding customer carrying their wet feets all the ways to the rooms or the resting areas. Some of the patrons are really “not automatic”.

2. Painting : Why not applying anti-fungus coat type of paint to keep fungus away for longer period. Especially, walls that are near to the steam rooms, lockers room and even the dark rooms.

3. Putting daybed or 3 seaters leather sofa in the second sitting area (before entering to the rooms) and maybe hang a LCD TV there.

4. Improve the room condition. You can provide different themes by painting it with different colours/lightings and furniture (from salvation army and not necessary new).

--> ALL the best to your upcoming business and all the best to all DHC’s fun lovers/seekers.

--> Hope the New Diamond Management would reply and give your best effort in maintaining the place well. In the world of business, if you are not improving or innovatives, your competitors will.

**Disclaimer :

I am not a share holder of Diamond nor do I have any stake in Diamond or any spa.

For more info on the Promotion charges, please contact Diamond at Tel: (65) 6392-2396 for more deta.

I think that is a very well written observation and a very constructive feedback. :clap:

Anyway it would be up to the establishment to look into the feedback and take the necessary action.

===============================

**Disclaimer :

I am not a share holder of Diamond nor do I have any stake in Diamond or any spa.

Hope this paragraph will not be deleted. Diamond is my first sauna and would not be my last :rolleyes: . However, I've not been there for says more than 2 mths. One thing is for sure, I did paid up the membership. Hope is no big deals to most of the working adults.

/

/

/

/

/

For more info on the Promotion charges, please contact Diamond at Tel: (65) 6392-2396 for more deta.

Wondering if New DHC management is looking into all the suggestions given.

I would like to pay a visit to this centre soon and validate the improvement.

Wish it will be a positive visit..........

Guest Guest
Wondering if New DHC management is looking into all the suggestions given.

I would like to pay a visit to this centre soon and validate the improvement.

ah... you a sauna inspector ah? :blink:

Guest Sauna Inspector
ah... you a sauna inspector ah? :blink:

Would like to be one; get paid and at the same time get the fun out of it!!! Why not .........

Cheers to you!!