Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

21 minutes ago, keyboard said:

It's only belligerent on how you read it.

That was how  I read it.  Do I have to say twice?

And I think you are probably THE problematic neighbor. And going by the posts here, a problematic person.

3 minutes ago, keyboard said:

I always thought rental flats are plenty in Singapore with say 100k people living under 1k.

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/AA11EMAP/AA11PMainPage#

The new pilot is it called community apartments? stand to be seen if it's a model that works out as it's only for the elderly. Would it not be better if they can integrate the family nearby for those who want the family values to remain.

you die now

23 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Those flat not having HIP and built in the 1970s?  Chances is going to be SER-ed.    You seems to have so many worries and concerns about leakings, must be very "suay" lor.  Then go buy new 99yo HDB and pray nothing major is going to dissappoint you lor. 

Heard many horror stories in old HDB flat, so tend to have concerns, even i really wanted to buy old HDB due to good location but worry got problem, so buy newer HDB in ''ulu'' location. 😅

11 hours ago, Guest Drilla said:

Personally, low floor condos not attractive. After all, that panoramic view is why people stay condo. But of course, upgraders cannot be choosy as the higher the floor, the price differs by quite a lot. 

And not to mention the few hundred one has to pay for maintenance. Some every month some quarterly. 

Think of the bank loan installment payments...

Depends how much one is willing to invest in reno. .

50K gets basic flooring, painting, cabinetry, electrical works.  Not counting furniture and household items, wash basin, toilet bowls, lights.

People who want to stay in condo likely want face value, don't think they want panoramic view. So staying in low floor is ok, as long as they are staying in private.

If 50k can reno whole house with new flooring, new toilets, carpentry and re-wire electrical, i find still ok. Furniture and household items budget not more than 10k should be enough.

7 hours ago, keyboard said:

Perhaps not the view, but you get to complain to MCST about noise pollution, generally a higher class of people live there or are forced to comply. Of course, don't go and buy those low ses condo lah. No neighbours from hell too.

no difference in lease - you can see the HDB BTO plan - they colour code based on room size, not lease duration.

They do have specific that certain blocks are for rental 2 rooms - so if you don't want to live with rentals, you have to avoid those blocks (for the 3rm and above). Mindful that you have rental 2 rms in your estate.

How will they know, this information is not publicized. They will know when your new occupant tell them that they brought it from HDB instead of resale after you die or move out.

Even high ses condo also can have bad neighbours.

I saw some BTO, they have mixture of rental flats and normal BTO flats within the same blk and same level. Thought usually they would build a separate blk just for the rental flat. Sometimes rental flats can have 1 rm and 2 rm together with 3 rm. Even the rental flat is not in the same blk but same cluster, should also avoid. Not like i am looking down on rental flat people, but the area might get quite dirty.

12 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

People who want to stay in condo likely want face value, don't think they want panoramic view. So staying in low floor is ok, as long as they are staying in private.

If 50k can reno whole house with new flooring, new toilets, carpentry and re-wire electrical, i find still ok. Furniture and household items budget not more than 10k should be enough.

The things people will do for face

Those condo bedroom cannot even put in a bed

But if people want to bend over backwards for condo living, it's their choice 😔

You want to Reno, better do so now. Proves increase quickly

7 hours ago, Guest Drilla said:

If you stay HDB, for noise issues can complain to town council during office hours. After that can call police.

Live private property no neighbors from hell? No guarantee what. There was a case of a man killed at a condo  barbecue  because someone fling a bottle from upstairs.

Recall the infamous Everett road spat between two landed owners? 

Noise issues no matter in HDB, landed or condo, very difficult to resolve. Complain to town council, HDB, MP or even police also no use if your neighbour from hell do not cooperate.

5 hours ago, keyboard said:

Wah, like the Navy guy who keeps muay thai the wall? Or some examples over the years? You are sure that police can deal with such things as there's no law for these.

So which town council or police department solved any of the disputes? Don't quote the mediation thing hor, if those people can understand english in the first place.

Havent met the neighbour from hell does not mean you won't eventually - then come tell me how you resolve it.

High chance if you meet neighbour from hell, he/she should be the one staying above your unit and creating noises on their floor. Noise from downstairs and next door neighbour chances not so high. Disputes with next door neighbour usually is on other issues, like they place their items to your door area etc.

2 hours ago, keyboard said:

I always thought rental flats are plenty in Singapore with say 100k people living under 1k.

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/AA11EMAP/AA11PMainPage#

The new pilot is it called community apartments? stand to be seen if it's a model that works out as it's only for the elderly. Would it not be better if they can integrate the family nearby for those who want the family values to remain.

Community Care Apartments (CCAs) vs 2-room Flexi flats:
1. CCAs are for senior citizens (65 & above) who require more care and prefer to live in a community of mostly seniors
2. Max lease 35 years
3. Costlier as they come with a Basic Service Package
4. Slightly smaller than 2-room Flexi flats

https://youtu.be/f2OnJ8EKlUs?si=RVTE4wPcHrfIsfIq

10 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Noise issues no matter in HDB, landed or condo, very difficult to resolve. Complain to town council, HDB, MP or even police also no use if your neighbour from hell do not cooperate.

Do you know the authorities can come into your house and cheong kong (confiscate)  the item that is creating the noise?

Read it in some newsletter literature in the mailbox sent by those gov agencies.

11 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Heard many horror stories in old HDB flat, so tend to have concerns, even i really wanted to buy old HDB due to good location but worry got problem, so buy newer HDB in ''ulu'' location. 😅

It's all about money, maintenance and build. All these we won't know, and can't see till eventually it gives out. Positive attitude is repair when needed, but if toilet fall onto you also no choice. Not that things don't happen in newer HDB, just lesser.

Even high ses condo also can have bad neighbours.

I saw some BTO, they have mixture of rental flats and normal BTO flats within the same blk and same level. Thought usually they would build a separate blk just for the rental flat. Sometimes rental flats can have 1 rm and 2 rm together with 3 rm. Even the rental flat is not in the same blk but same cluster, should also avoid. Not like i am looking down on rental flat people, but the area might get quite dirty.

Not refuting bad neighbours all round, just that will the number of stupid people around who can't understand english, at least with a MCST, you have a better chance of getting things resolved. If you get into the 3rm category, you will get higher chance of issues (didn't the garang guni woman died when possibly someone threw a cigarette into their house), heck, i'm in a 4rm only blk and the corridors are filled with stuffs - so the location matters too. Who knows, it would be better if it's old flats and the neighbours are all stuck till die and less problems. I had a friend who lives in 5rm also had a particular retired neighbour causing trouble.

High chance if you meet neighbour from hell, he/she should be the one staying above your unit and creating noises on their floor. Noise from downstairs and next door neighbour chances not so high. Disputes with next door neighbour usually is on other issues, like they place their items to your door area etc.

Values also different problems. The new blocks with point block seems to be better, at least reduce the common shared space but end up is still people problem lah. What they think or interpret in their mind, they won't change. Don't know why got such people who read things in such negativity though the effort to do those things is quite minimal but to them is ok to do. I can only make assumptions that these people are low self esteem and does not have much critical thinking.

Got some stupid people who say condos don't have bad neighbors 🤣

Got some even more stupid people who have not tried town councils and police for noise issues want to dismiss these methods.

What a goondu. Come and bitch on BW and quarrel with other posters will solve noise issues.🥱

What's blithering idiot 🤣

42 minutes ago, Guest Drilla said:

Got some stupid people who say condos don't have bad neighbors 🤣

Got some even more stupid people who have not tried town councils and police for noise issues want to dismiss these methods.

What a goondu. Come and bitch on BW and quarrel with other posters will solve noise issues.🥱

What's blithering idiot 🤣

proven right per above.

There will always be sounds wherever there are people. You name it: a baby wailing, a woman screaming while they make love, a housewife or husband chopping meat and pounding peppers to make dinner, a dog howling, a salesperson knocking on your door late at night, a car racing scene or an alarm going off, arguments between people, loud music or TV noises coming from the neighbor's house, etc. Unless one chooses to live off the grid in the middle of a jungle, in which case the sounds of wolves howling, owls hooting, toads croaking, rustling trees, etc.....not for the faint of heart.   Which is why.....ear plug were being invented for a reason and I stocked up a few in case I needed them. 

3 hours ago, keyboard said:

proven right per above.

For once I applaud you for being able to admit you are wrong.

45 minutes ago, Sweetie Pie said:

There will always be sounds wherever there are people. You name it: a baby wailing, a woman screaming while they make love, a housewife or husband chopping meat and pounding peppers to make dinner, a dog howling, a salesperson knocking on your door late at night, a car racing scene or an alarm going off, arguments between people, loud music or TV noises coming from the neighbor's house, etc. Unless one chooses to live off the grid in the middle of a jungle, in which case the sounds of wolves howling, owls hooting, toads croaking, rustling trees, etc.....not for the faint of heart.   Which is why.....ear plug were being invented for a reason and I stocked up a few in case I needed them. 

The problem lies with HDB ho;;ow floors and walls. When I was younger, I asked my tutor about the difference  between HDB and condo. He rapped on the wall and said :"solid!" Also I have visited my frens condo before. Not once did I hear pipes sloshing with water as the above unit's flush. Nor did I hear any sound from above. eg pen drop , foot steps.

Yep. It's solid not hollow.

45 minutes ago, Guest Drilla said:

The problem lies with HDB ho;;ow floors and walls. When I was younger, I asked my tutor about the difference  between HDB and condo. He rapped on the wall and said :"solid!" Also I have visited my frens condo before. Not once did I hear pipes sloshing with water as the above unit's flush. Nor did I hear any sound from above. eg pen drop , foot steps.

Got money buy solid, no money buy hollow, and regardless which's which it's still preferable than living in a zinc roof hut without a working toilet and you drinking from well water.  Follow your money wherever it leads you.

18 minutes ago, Guest HDB said:

After recceing the area today, I kinda like Bukit Panjang in next month's HDB BTO launch.

As long as LRT isn't an issue for you. That's a young family block.

The previous plot of land in Oct 2023 https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-guides/aug-2023-hdb-bto-launch-review-83228 is actually better right beside Bukit Panjang MRT (and shopping center).

29 minutes ago, keyboard said:

As long as LRT isn't an issue for you. That's a young family block.

The previous plot of land in Oct 2023 https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-guides/aug-2023-hdb-bto-launch-review-83228 is actually better right beside Bukit Panjang MRT (and shopping center).

Yes, I would have preferred CCK. Unfortunately, I couldn't apply as I do not have a valid HFE letter then. I have in fact written to HDB to appeal as the HFE requirement before BTO application is new and also I am not taking any housing loan & grant... but HDB didn't reply.

1 hour ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Got money buy solid, no money buy hollow, and regardless which's which it's still preferable than living in a zinc roof hut without a working toilet and you drinking from well water.  Follow your money wherever it leads you.

But at current crazy prices, I think yet to build HDB flats should not come with hollow walls, exposed pipes etc. 

It's the basic reason why conflicts happen and they have to set up mediation. 

Having solid walls will reduce the incidents.

Sure, HDB will of course use more expensive materials and they will of course look at the bottom line.

12 hours ago, Guest Drilla said:

Do you know the authorities can come into your house and cheong kong (confiscate)  the item that is creating the noise?

Read it in some newsletter literature in the mailbox sent by those gov agencies.

I didn't know about this. But even authorities confiscate the item that is creating the noise, don't think the person creating the noise will care. They might continue creating noise in another way. Unless their house is confiscate or the person would get jailed and canned, maybe they will scare and stop being a nuisance. If not, never able to resolve noise issues.

6 hours ago, Guest Drilla said:

Means if stay in HDB, only can stay in top floor to avoid noise from the above unit.

20 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Means if stay in HDB, only can stay in top floor to avoid noise from the above unit.

But you can still hear the units besides yours. Eg slam doors/gates, drag furniture. 😱

7 minutes ago, Guest Drilla said:

But you can still hear the units besides yours. Eg slam doors/gates, drag furniture. 😱

So far i have not heard the units besides me drag furniture, only hear noise from tv. Drag furniture default from the unit above.

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Bt panjang quite far to everywhere but better than CCK and woodlands. 

That's ok. I like because the site is within walking distance to the Bus Interchange, MRT & LRT Stations, Hawker Centre, 3 big shopping malls and ActiveSG Gym (about 8-15 minutes). It is also not far away from the Green Rail Corridor and Nature Parks 👍 However, the nearest stadium @ CCK is about 4-5km away 👎

23 minutes ago, Guest HDB said:

That's ok. I like because the site is within walking distance to the Bus Interchange, MRT & LRT Stations, Hawker Centre, 3 big shopping malls and ActiveSG Gym (about 8-15 minutes). It is also not far away from the Green Rail Corridor and Nature Parks 👍 However, the nearest stadium @ CCK is about 4-5km away 👎

The BTO for bt panjang is at petir rd, not say very near to the DTL station, need to walk at least 10 mins, but still consider can walk. Some BTO site no even possible to walk to the MRT. One thing i also like about this BTO is near to nature park.

43 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

The BTO for bt panjang is at petir rd, not say very near to the DTL station, need to walk at least 10 mins, but still consider can walk. Some BTO site no even possible to walk to the MRT. One thing i also like about this BTO is near to nature park.

Yes, it took me about 12 minutes to walk from BP MRT Station to the site. There's a nearby LRT Station (about 4 minutes walk away) but I rather walk all the way to the MRT Station. The Bus Interchange is about 8 minutes away; and I am surprised to find out that a bus ride to Orchard Road just takes about 30 minutes.

So far i have not heard the units besides me drag furniture, only hear noise from tv. Drag furniture default from the unit above.

That would depend on the people living there.  Like some posted previously, the neighbor purposely make noise.

12 hours ago, Guest HDB said:

Yes, it took me about 12 minutes to walk from BP MRT Station to the site. There's a nearby LRT Station (about 4 minutes walk away) but I rather walk all the way to the MRT Station. The Bus Interchange is about 8 minutes away; and I am surprised to find out that a bus ride to Orchard Road just takes about 30 minutes.

I love to walk, I enjoy walking more than standing or sitting inside a crowded bus.  My flat is 10 minutes walking distance to the Bus/MRT interhchange .  Perfect distance for a quiet leaving and still able to enjoy the convenient and ease of using  public transport to town (Orchard 10 minutes away).

Edited by Sweetie Pie

On 11/16/2023 at 2:42 PM, Guest Luck said:

Another question, let's say if a 58-years-old single one person alone move into a flexi-lease 2 room new BTO flat, will the neighbours in the same floor know whether this 58-years-old single person's flat is a flexi-lease unit or a 99-years lease unit?? 

Yes, Can check on HDB website with Singpass login.

20 hours ago, Guest Drilla said:

But at current crazy prices, I think yet to build HDB flats should not come with hollow walls, exposed pipes etc. 

Which bubble do you live in, self entitlement so strong. Still argue with people.

31 minutes ago, Guest haha said:

Which bubble do you live in, self entitlement so strong. Still argue with people.

You are such a brainless ho. Asking for better quality means living in a bubble?

You pay half a million for a brand new flat, I suppose stupid folks ike you get the shoddy home thet you deserve.

🤣

2 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

I love to walk, I enjoy walking more than standing or sitting inside a crowded bus.  My flat is 10 minutes walking distance to the Bus/MRT interhchange .  Perfect distance for a quiet leaving and still able to enjoy the convenient and ease of using  public transport to town (Orchard 10 minutes away).

👍 Very good location

On 11/16/2023 at 2:42 PM, Guest Luck said:

Another question, let's say if a 58-years-old single one person alone move into a flexi-lease 2 room new BTO flat, will the neighbours in the same floor know whether this 58-years-old single person's flat is a flexi-lease unit or a 99-years lease unit?? 

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Yes, Can check on HDB website with Singpass login.

The leasehold for all HDB 2-room Flexi flats (fka "2-room flats") is still 99 years. However in 2015, HDB has introduced a Flexi Scheme whereby seniors can buy 2-room flats on shorter lease (optional), and as such renamed it.

Simply put, if I have a 45-year lease HDB 2-room Flexi flat, the contract is just between HDB & I and the flat is no different from other units of the same block (i.e. the remaining lease). Hence, nobody will know about it unless I tell them.

19 hours ago, Guest HDB said:

Pt panjang have 2 buses that go to town by expressway, quite fast if there is no traffic jam on the expressway. And not also have DTL which goes towards town and other places, afterall not bad.

7 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

10 mins of walking back home quite a good exercise. But if you are going out or work and walk 10 mins to MRT, you would sweat and don't think it is a good feeling to start the day.

15 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Pt panjang have 2 buses that go to town by expressway, quite fast if there is no traffic jam on the expressway. And not also have DTL which goes towards town and other places, afterall not bad.

Due to the longer walking distance to the MRT Station and transfer, taking a bus to town is faster.

36 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

10 mins of walking back home quite a good exercise. But if you are going out or work and walk 10 mins to MRT, you would sweat and don't think it is a good feeling to start the day.

I woke up early and go to work early (just before sun rises), very cooling and not much human traffic for a 10 minutes stroll.  The air is fresh and cool early morning.  Unlike others who run and rush for their MRT train,  I walked very slowly and casually.

Edited by Sweetie Pie

1 hour ago, Sweetie Pie said:

I woke up early and go to work early (just before sun rises), very cooling and not much human traffic for a 10 minutes stroll.  The air is fresh and cool early morning.  Unlike others who run and rush for their MRT train,  I walked very slowly and casually.

Due to the humid and stuffy weather, still can sweat even walk slowly, and also must see what attire you are wearing. Imagine you are wearing a long sleeve shirt and walk. 😅

4 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Due to the humid and stuffy weather, still can sweat even walk slowly, and also must see what attire you are wearing. Imagine you are wearing a long sleeve shirt and walk. 😅

I don't sweat easily just by walking, even under the sun too.  10 minutes walk is nothing to me.  Humid or not, my skin is smooth and dry naturally.  If I sweat, the sweat will also dry pretty fast on my skin.  I dunno why.

Guest Soccer39

By the way anyone knows what's the estimated total cost to change 2 bathroom doors in a HDB flat? 

I rented my whole flat to 2 foreign tenants. 

When I took back my flat recently, I saw the 2 bathrooms's doors had very deep cracks

10 hours ago, Guest Soccer39 said:

By the way anyone knows what's the estimated total cost to change 2 bathroom doors in a HDB flat? 

I rented my whole flat to 2 foreign tenants. 

When I took back my flat recently, I saw the 2 bathrooms's doors had very deep cracks

It depends on the type, size and material of the bathroom doors: Google Is Your Friend

Will you guys buy a unit that your living room wall is shared the same with the lift shaft next to your unit? Will you hear any noise from the lift going up and down thru the wall? I viewed one unit that is like this, wonder it is advisable to buy such unit. Even though the main door is not facing the lift since the lift is behind the unit.

16 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Will you guys buy a unit that your living room wall is shared the same with the lift shaft next to your unit? Will you hear any noise from the lift going up and down thru the wall? I viewed one unit that is like this, wonder it is advisable to buy such unit. Even though the main door is not facing the lift since the lift is behind the unit.

Best is to buy a unit which is not shared with something else.  Lift is a small cubicle for moving various "things" 24/7.  You don't want to share the wall or face the lift directly, even your neighbour door facing directly towards yours is also not really ideal.

Talking about singles.  Newspaper has been reporting about single passing alone, in their own flat with no one knowing for weeks.  It can happen to anyone in any age between 40 and 90 living alone (no friends, no family, no visitors).   When purchasing a HDB apartment, do think about why you are buying it, how you want to live alone, and what essentials you will need. Don't worry about which HDB is more profitable, newer, closer to the MRT, more pretty looking,  has better views, or anything else—just focus on your health and well-being because the moment your eyes is closed, your six-figures savings and penthouse with oceanic view became meaningless.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.