Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

1 hour ago, Guest Think too much said:

99 year lease, you can do whatever you wanted to you home.  Short Term lease, there are restrictions because HDB plan to take it back after you check into heaven before the lease is up.  Anyway, partition or not, the size remain unchanged.

Oops, here's the image again:spacer.png

Thank you. I just don't understand why HDB wants this ugly zig-zag partition wall (previously straight was fine). I have been told that it is not a structural wall and thus removing it is subject to HDB's approval (including 99 years leasehold).

3 hours ago, Guest HDB said:

Look very small.  The partition between two bedrooms is meant for extra guest to stay overnight.  Some people like it, some people think it took up valuable estate in the the 47sqm home.  The furnitures shown in the layout is probably the maximum you can put in - two seater sofa and small dinning table.  Think about it, if you are the hoader or wanted something "extra" to spice up your home, you may face the challenges of doing so due to limited available space.   Adding extra cabinet or shoe rack will shrink the space further.  Having said that, there is another type of 2-room BTO: 35sqm (even smaller than this one).   Anyway, hope everyone can afford this type of BTO as a step to become independent from your family.   If you can afford without breaking your bank,  consider at least 3-room flat in the resale market.  More space, more joy. 

1 hour ago, Guest Joyful said:

Look very small.  The partition between two bedrooms is meant for extra guest to stay overnight.  Some people like it, some people think it took up valuable estate in the the 47sqm home.  The furnitures shown in the layout is probably the maximum you can put in - two seater sofa and small dinning table.  Think about it, if you are the hoader or wanted something "extra" to spice up your home, you may face the challenges of doing so due to limited available space.   Adding extra cabinet or shoe rack will shrink the space further.  Having said that, there is another type of 2-room BTO: 35sqm (even smaller than this one).   Anyway, hope everyone can afford this type of BTO as a step to become independent from your family.   If you can afford without breaking your bank,  consider at least 3-room flat in the resale market.  More space, more joy. 

That's good enough for me 🙏

22 hours ago, Guest No escape said:

Looking at the trend.  Many seniors are leaving their resale flat to buy a 2-room short least BTO.  Some of these seniors wanted to monetize their old flat, their children advised them to do so or they did it based on their own decision.  In future, singles buying 2-room BTO will see themselves staying next to many elderly folks.   By 2032,  the population of Singapore will also greyed further.  It is a trend. 

The population is aging, anywhere you stay also will have many elderly. Only thing is old estate and 2 room BTO might have more elderly staying. Anyway, i noticed those 2 room BTO flat, seems like not many single is staying, mostly are low income family and elderly. Singles maybe go buy resale flat.

6 hours ago, Guest HDB said:

Thank you. I just don't understand why HDB wants this ugly zig-zag partition wall (previously straight was fine). I have been told that it is not a structural wall and thus removing it is subject to HDB's approval (including 99 years leasehold).

So the new 2 room flat design, the bedroom cannot walk straight into the toilet but need to walk around the partition wall. Wonder what is the reason? Maybe they have this wall to let you have a walk-in wardrobe behind the wall.

2 hours ago, Guest Joyful said:

You have a bomb shelter, can store many things inside. If you want more space, staying in a 2 room is consider small. Having said that, i find the layout in a 2 room flat is still better and functional than a 1 bedder condo.

Guest No big deal
1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

So the new 2 room flat design, the bedroom cannot walk straight into the toilet but need to walk around the partition wall. Wonder what is the reason? Maybe they have this wall to let you have a walk-in wardrobe behind the wall.

It is a small space flat. Walking to the toilet is just few steps away only.  No difference. Besides, having toilet next to your bed..hmmm not so nice. 

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Several years ago, there was no partition wall @ the bedroom area and the toilet was accessible from the bedroom and kitchen. HDB has changed the flat designs over the years. They later started putting up a partition wall @ the bedroom area to create a multi-purpose room.

Guest Seller decide.
31 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

whatever u tear down, u must put back when u resale 

unless buyer agree to take over 

No such clause in HDB. You are the owner and u can tear down everything as long as HDB approved. Buyer want take, don't want can FO.

Guest Options
4 minutes ago, Guest HDB said:

Several years ago, there was no partition wall @ the bedroom area and the toilet was accessible from the bedroom and kitchen. HDB has changed the flat designs over the years. They later started putting up a partition wall @ the bedroom area to create a multi-purpose room.

U sacrifice your bedroom or living room space as a result of the additional partition.  Treat that as your study room. 

23 hours ago, Guest Seller decide. said:

No such clause in HDB. You are the owner and u can tear down everything as long as HDB approved. Buyer want take, don't want can FO.

ok my bad

As long as it is an approved structure, there is no need for the seller to reinstate the condition back to the original layout when selling, as HDB will be sending their officer down for an inspection prior to the completion of the sale transaction. Should there be any unapproved renovations being carried out, HDB will require the seller to make good the conditions. Alternatively, if the unapproved renovations are undertaken by the buyer of unit to make good, then a letter of undertaking should be signed by the buyer and presented to HDB before the completion of sale can take place.

Asking this question on behalf of a relative.

He owns a a 2 bedroom HDB flat. He don't like to rent out his common room to other people becos he doesn't like to stay with strangers in his same flat.

He one person alone stays alone in the master room and he is thinking of letting 2 foreigners register his flat's address to Ministry of Manpower that the 3 foreigners work pass holders are staying in his common room but the 2 work permit holders are not staying in his common room and they are actually staying in another house. 

And in return the 3 foreigners work permit holders will pay him $500 every month .Meaniing in 1 year they pays him $6000 but the 3 of them are not staying in hia flat.

If Ministry of Manpower or HDB finds out that the 3 work permit holders are not staying in his flat and the 3 foreigners only use his flat's address to register to Ministry of Manpower, will he, the flatowner face any monetary fine or penalty from Ministry of Manpower or HDB?

Guest Serious
2 hours ago, Guest Rooms said:

He owns a a 2 bedroom HDB flat. He don't like to rent out his common room to other people becos he doesn't like to stay with strangers in his same flat.

He one person alone stays alone in the master room and he is thinking of letting 2 foreigners registe

And in return the 3 foreigners work permit holders will pay him $500 every month .Meaniing in 1 year they pays him $6000 but the 3 of them are not staying in hia flat.

If Ministry of Manpower or HDB finds out that the 3 work permit holders are not staying in his flat and the 3 foreigners only use his flat's address to register to Ministry of Manpower, will he, the flatowner face any monetary fine or penalty from Ministry of Manpower or HDB?

The risk is extremely high and not in the landlord's favor.  The WP holders are more likely to commit crime outside and MOM will track to your address for harbouring criminals even if they are not staying with you.  For crime like this, HDB may confiscate your flat and deemed u not suitable to own a house.  The money u collected will pay three times as fine as a deterence to prevent future owner from committing similar offences. 

14 hours ago, Guest Rooms said:

He one person alone stays alone in the master room and he is thinking of letting 2 foreigners register his flat's address to Ministry of Manpower that the 3 foreigners work pass holders are staying in his common room but the 2 work permit holders are not staying in his common room and they are actually staying in another house. 

Never let any strangers using your address to register as their residential/mailing address. This is risky as you do not know that person and know what that person will do outside using your address, and it is illegal for foreigners to 'fake' address on their MOM records, it is mandatory for foreigners to register their address that they are staying in and update their address if they have moved to another place. And your friend will also get into trouble doing this esp there is monetary involved, as using his address to collect money from strangers is 100% illegal.

15 hours ago, Guest Serious said:

The risk is extremely high and not in the landlord's favor.  The WP holders are more likely to commit crime outside and MOM will track to your address for harbouring criminals even if they are not staying with you.  For crime like this, HDB may confiscate your flat and deemed u not suitable to own a house.  The money u collected will pay three times as fine as a deterence to prevent future owner from committing similar offences. 

you are dead wrong! 

Is not me. 

Is my single elderly relative. 

He was recently approached by an indian, that indian told my elderly relative that he has 3 india work permit holders looking for a flat's address to register to Ministry of Manpower

18 hours ago, Guest Rooms said:

Your request on your senior relative's behalf indicates that neither of you was able to look past the actions' obvious consequences.

4 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Your request on your senior relative's behalf indicates that neither of you was able to look past the actions' obvious consequences.

you are dead wrong!

you are a crazy rude retard!

you go die now!

Guest Mdeiacorpse
11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Look as low class as you.

You are referring to the remark I made in another website forum. That my fren said mediacorpse dramas are LC low class.

Sneaky way to hint.

Guest Fiction
18 hours ago, Guest rooms said:

you are dead wrong! 

Is not me. 

Is my single elderly relative. 

He was recently approached by an indian, that indian told my elderly relative that he has 3 india work permit holders looking for a flat's address to register to Ministry of Manpower

Nice story, ask Disney if they want to make a movie of it 

Guest Copy Cat Idea

This 2 room BTO is extremely beautiful and peaceful.  No one can beat the concept hands down.  Choice of colors and ornaments beat having expensive renovation.  The only setback, far from centralised area.  I better start moving my furnitures and give it a coat of white paint. So pure to look at.

3 hours ago, Guest Copy Cat Idea said:

This 2 room BTO is extremely beautiful and peaceful.  No one can beat the concept hands down.  Choice of colors and ornaments beat having expensive renovation.  The only setback, far from centralised area.  I better start moving my furnitures and give it a coat of white paint. So pure to look at.

Not bad, simple, nice and cosy design. And nice view, not many 2 room flat would have nice view. Looks like HDB flat in punggol area, units high chance would get some unblocked view. Unlike HDB in the new bt batok and Jurong area, many units there are facing another HDB blk, do not have unblocked view.

On 12/31/2023 at 12:29 AM, Guest guest said:

Would you guys buy a flat without any unblocked view or face a road?

Given the housing density here, it’s common for a flat to face a road or not have unblocked views. Eventually, it’s about how important these criteria are to you in weighing a purchase decision. 

Guest guest
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Find one facing landed property. Less chance of them developing into schools and blocks of flats. 

For most HDB, such facing difficult to find. Even have price might be quite due to nice view.

Guest guest
12 hours ago, sayfirst said:

Given the housing density here, it’s common for a flat to face a road or not have unblocked views. Eventually, it’s about how important these criteria are to you in weighing a purchase decision. 

It shows how bad they design HDB blks layout. Esp the newer HDB and BTO flats, most of the flats either facing opposite blk of flat very near, or facing noisy road/traffic junction. So i think not easy to avoid these criteria. 

15 hours ago, Guest guest said:

It shows how bad they design HDB blks layout. Esp the newer HDB and BTO flats, most of the flats either facing opposite blk of flat very near, or facing noisy road/traffic junction. So i think not easy to avoid these criteria. 

Yeah, the proximity of neighbouring HDB units are common too.

Reminds me of the time when I visited a friend’s house and one could see the kitchen/service yard area from the common corridor. 

Guest guest
9 hours ago, sayfirst said:

Yeah, the proximity of neighbouring HDB units are common too.

Reminds me of the time when I visited a friend’s house and one could see the kitchen/service yard area from the common corridor. 

Current design of majority BTO flats, from the common corridor can see other unit yard area or living room/bedroom. This is why i do not know how come they can approve such design, it is like corner unit and yet it is not fully corner and privacy. But i believe many people just do not get bother even people can see their unit from the common corridor.

Guest Drilla

If you are buying a flat in a mature estate. Do consider that a lot of PMD riders and bicycles will be on pedestrian paths.

Some like to speed. I've seen PMDs knock into people and graze them in narrow passageways. I've also seen bicycles cut into people's paths.

Vehicles should be banned on footpaths.

Guest guest
4 hours ago, Guest Drilla said:

If you are buying a flat in a mature estate. Do consider that a lot of PMD riders and bicycles will be on pedestrian paths.

Some like to speed. I've seen PMDs knock into people and graze them in narrow passageways. I've also seen bicycles cut into people's paths.

Vehicles should be banned on footpaths.

PMD riders and bicycles can appeared in any estate or places, not only in mature estate.

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, thepresentfitness said:

This is nice! Do watch if you will like to have ideas of renovating for a small 38 Sqm flat:

Nice, the power of engaging an ID to design your house.

Guest Drilla
12 hours ago, Guest guest said:

PMD riders and bicycles can appeared in any estate or places, not only in mature estate.

Can't speak for the newer ones. But where I live, a short walk can encounter several. The walkways and footpaths very narrow. Many times they don't slow down and you have to move aside for them when they beep or ring the bell.

I just don't feel safe walking with these drivers around.

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.