Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

Guest Penalty
8 hours ago, kidster said:

Went house viewing and noticed the neighbor next door is a heavy smoker. If he smokes inside the house, will I be able to smell it?

Take picture and send to nea.

smoking only. tolerate for 10mins, everything will be back to normal. I am staying on the top floor; I am also the sort that leave my windows open every day as I prefer fresh air. so, one day, I smelled someone smoking and it couldn't be my housemates as most of them don't smoke & only the Malaysian Chinese couple opposite my room (occupying the master room) smoke but they do it downstairs at the open-air carpark next to their motorbike only when they are leaving for work. 

So, I approached my immediate next-door neighbor to let them know that someone is smoking within their unit in the morning. So, I gave them time to go find out the joker was. And when I got home from work, they told me they already warn whoever was smoking to do it downstairs at the void deck area, true enough, I see one chap smoking at the stairwell next to my neighbor's unit occasionally at night. 

I also realized they had more than 10 persons staying in that exec masionette unit and most of them are foreign workers. so, I decided to keep quiet abt it. I just hoped that one day, HDB come in for a spot check, all I will say its, good luck to them. 

Guest I hate pollution
7 hours ago, kidster said:

Is it illegal to smoke in his house?

I ever received a letter from the NEA, which they also mail to every home in an effort to discourage smoking after receiving a complaint.   The NEA once asked me whether I knew of anyone who was smoking close by.   I really like to have those letters, but I prefer to complain directly instead.

Guest You ding dong!!
5 hours ago, single42 said:

smoking only. tolerate for 10mins,

You think smoker only smoke once a day?  No leh, they can smoke a dozen sticks within the same day.  How many 10 minutes can you spare within a day?  You obviously don't understand the addiction of smoking.

5 hours ago, Guest I hate pollution said:

I ever received a letter from the NEA, which they also mail to every home in an effort to discourage smoking after receiving a complaint.   The NEA once asked me whether I knew of anyone who was smoking close by.   I really like to have those letters, but I prefer to complain directly instead.

discourage not an offence

unless he throw the cig out of window

5 hours ago, Guest You ding dong!! said:

You think smoker only smoke once a day?  No leh, they can smoke a dozen sticks within the same day.  How many 10 minutes can you spare within a day?  You obviously don't understand the addiction of smoking.

u 24hrs at home?

5 hours ago, Guest You ding dong!! said:

I do know the addiction of a chain smoker. I used to be one. i quitted. All I can say is, since my feedback to my immediate neighbor, seems like the cigarette smell have stop coming into my room. perhaps that guy quitted / shifted out. That was months ago too. 

Guest You ding dong!!
9 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

u 24hrs at home?

Nope 48 hours sniffing 2nd hand smoke.  I hope you live with a heavy smoker as your neighbour.   Very healthy.

On 6/28/2024 at 11:13 PM, kidster said:

Went house viewing and noticed the neighbor next door is a heavy smoker. If he smokes inside the house, will I be able to smell it?

Yes. Because of the wind and air circulation. 

Life is short! Don't wait for the last minute to do what you like to do! Just do it!

Guest Water Splasher
56 minutes ago, TigerYam said:

Yes. Because of the wind and air circulation. 

The smaller the size of your flat, the more likely you get full blown smoke into the house, not to mention nowadays BTO flats are so close to each other.  Best is to keep the fan of your house running in full power 24/7 if you encounter smoking neighbours.

Guest Sg Hong Kong
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

She implied $2mil dollar HDB is very likely to happen in a matter of when and where.  if you are single and won at least $4million toto, you will be joining the $1m HDB buyer club.  As compare to private condo,  $1m HDB is still value for money due to its size, convenient location and government funded maintenance.   I have also noticed 3-room HDB resale now transacted at $600K.  Surprised?

6 hours ago, Guest Sg Hong Kong said:

She implied $2mil dollar HDB is very likely to happen in a matter of when and where.  if you are single and won at least $4million toto, you will be joining the $1m HDB buyer club.  As compare to private condo,  $1m HDB is still value for money due to its size, convenient location and government funded maintenance.   I have also noticed 3-room HDB resale now transacted at $600K.  Surprised?

if your salary go up

HDB price also go up 

if u looking for a house over roof can just get 2 room BTO 

Guest Depends
9 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

if u looking for a house over roof can just get 2 room BTO 

2-room BTO is good - provided good locations, good view, clean spacious corridor and min indoor 45sqm floor space.  Some 2-room BTO look like run down rented amenities, with dark narrow corridor blocked by other people junks items. 

For those interested in 2 Room BTO, i have listed some pros and cons of living in it (see video link below). But if you ask me, the 47 sqm is a better option. But that also means it could be taken up soon. Fingers crossed if you have an appointment to choose a unit that there are units available to choose. 

Guest Guess
10 hours ago, thepresentfitness said:

For those interested in 2 Room BTO, i have listed some pros and cons of living in it (see video link below). But if you ask me, the 47 sqm is a better option. But that also means it could be taken up soon. Fingers crossed if you have an appointment to choose a unit that there are units available to choose. 

Thanks for sharing.

Yours is definitely bigger than condo studio apartment. Only have bedroom cum kitchen plus toilet.

Two bedroom condo no better. Bedrooms so small you can't even fit a bed in. Sleep on floor! As you enter, the kitchen cum living room cum dining space is there. There is a balcony for you to dry laundry. 

Guest huh!!!
1 hour ago, Guest Guess said:

Thanks for sharing.

Yours is definitely bigger than condo studio apartment. Only have bedroom cum kitchen plus toilet.

Small size private condo is no longer a fav in Singapore.  It is overpriced, poor amenities,  poor locations, poor view,  poorly ventilated,,,smelly!!   Since Ang Mo love it so much, for status,  what can we say?  Stupid!

Guest They Stoopid
19 minutes ago, Guest huh!!! said:

Small size private condo is no longer a fav in Singapore.  It is overpriced, poor amenities,  poor locations, poor view,  poorly ventilated,,,smelly!!   Since Ang Mo love it so much, for status,  what can we say?  Stupid!

Ya lor, they all soooo stoooopid to come here pay high price.

On 7/1/2024 at 11:11 PM, thepresentfitness said:

Thanks for sharing. Ideally, where do you think the toilet should be in the house? I quite like the idea of having toilet near to the entrance as we can wash our feet. 

With all kinds of virus going around, disinfecting ourselves near to the doorstep will be very convenient. 

Guest Space Pod
4 minutes ago, kidster said:

Thanks for sharing. Ideally, where do you think the toilet should be in the house? 

Space too small, what option is there for his toilet location?  That guy also has weird taste of colour, dark and primary contrasting colour of deep yellow blue and black as a tightener to his space.  I also think the bedroom door is a complete innecessities for 2 room bto. Might as well let it blend into the living room as one big hall so it won't look so small. 

Guest Guess Guest
On 7/2/2024 at 11:35 PM, Guest Space Pod said:

Space too small, what option is there for his toilet location?  That guy also has weird taste of colour, dark and primary contrasting colour of deep yellow blue and black as a tightener to his space.  I also think the bedroom door is a complete innecessities for 2 room bto. Might as well let it blend into the living room as one big hall so it won't look so small. 

Why are you so Mary Margaret? 

Guest Seeing is believing
On 7/3/2024 at 1:33 PM, Guest Guess said:

Most of the small apartment tend to look "spacious" on youtube because of camera trick.  If you visit the place personally, you will notice it is actually very very small.

2 hours ago, Guest Seeing is believing said:

Most of the small apartment tend to look "spacious" on youtube because of camera trick.  If you visit the place personally, you will notice it is actually very very small.

lol, you mean don't believe what you see...

On 7/2/2024 at 11:22 PM, kidster said:

Thanks for sharing. Ideally, where do you think the toilet should be in the house? I quite like the idea of having toilet near to the entrance as we can wash our feet. 

With all kinds of virus going around, disinfecting ourselves near to the doorstep will be very convenient. 

Like the older resale flats, all the way to the back. But if you like it near the entrance, please do close the door (and also the toilet lid).

On 7/2/2024 at 9:27 AM, Guest Guess said:

Thanks for sharing.

Two bedroom condo no better. Bedrooms so small you can't even fit a bed in. Sleep on floor! As you enter, the kitchen cum living room cum dining space is there. There is a balcony for you to dry laundry. 

Thks.
I believe can still fit a single size bed into condo apartment, isn't it?
On another hand, i don't really like the concept of kitchen cum living room together. 

51 minutes ago, thepresentfitness said:

This is Beautiful!

My thoughts exactly. Very pleasant atmosphere. Breezy, little sun. Light decor, not those all black masculine tones. I can understand the clothing choice but not into that color for home.

48 minutes ago, thepresentfitness said:

Thks.
I believe can still fit a single size bed into condo apartment, isn't it?
On another hand, i don't really like the concept of kitchen cum living room together. 

Based on the showrooms I've visited, the space is so tiny. I think depends on developers. Some you can fit in a bed, others cannot.

My personal choice is still HDB. Just curious, for those BTOs, do you use those ceiling affixed  indoor clothes rack to dry laundry?

Your home looks very nice at night.

Guest 人算不如天算
3 hours ago, kidster said:

Do you guys calculate ROI when buying for rental income?

Formula = Rental income less all expesnes like utilities n loan int divide by net amt paid for property.

Did I miss out any variables?

I have learned the most paintful and yet greatest lesson in life, that is,  the best profit is not to think too much, take things easy and simply move with the flow instead of over calculating everything you do not yet know is going to happen.

Guest Beautiful but...
7 hours ago, Guest Guess said:

My thoughts exactly. Very pleasant atmosphere. Breezy, little sun. Light decor, not those all black masculine tones. I can understand the clothing choice but not into that color for home.

It is a conservative building.  You cannot anyhow alter the decor or structure without strict authority approval. The owner will have to work around the existing features without overdoing it.  The downside is, no lift, not suitable if you are mobility challenged.  

8 hours ago, thepresentfitness said:

Like the older resale flats, all the way to the back. But if you like it near the entrance, please do close the door (and also the toilet lid).

The early 2-room BTO has toilet between the Bedroom and Kitchen and you could access them either through your kitchen or bedroom.  Now they changed the 2-room BTO toilet design or was it just your area only?

2 hours ago, Guest 人算不如天算 said:

I have learned the most paintful and yet greatest lesson in life, that is,  the best profit is not to think too much, take things easy and simply move with the flow instead of over calculating everything you do not yet know is going to happen.

👍

1 hour ago, Guest Beautiful but... said:

It is a conservative building.  You cannot anyhow alter the decor or structure without strict authority approval. The owner will have to work around the existing features without overdoing it.  The downside is, no lift, not suitable if you are mobility challenged.  

It would be good to buy a place where you don't have to make structural changes or hack flooring. Because those old flooring are extinct. And unique too.

Just painting , re wiring, new sanitary ware and furniture.

I also like loose furniture. You can play around and change later.

But I don't think people with mobility issues will buy that place.

Guest Guess

When choosing a home. Ask yourself about the vibes.

Some you like at once. Others may not make a strong impression. Usually a no.

Some you don't even want to go in because the external is a turn off.

SINGAPORE – The number of million-dollar resale Housing Board flats hit an all-time high in June, nearing 100 units, while resale prices clocked record gains.

Flash estimates from SRX and 99.co released on July 8 showed that HDB resale prices jumped 1.8 per cent in June, extending gains for the ninth straight month.

Resale prices rose across all room types and in both mature and non-mature estates from the previous month.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.