Male HQ

What Are The Easy To Type Passwords?

keyboard

Do you have an easy to type password that meets the security requirements? Any to share?

Must at least meet the below requirements,

• Uppercase characters of European languages (A through Z, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)

• Lowercase characters of European languages (a through z, sharp-s, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)

• Base 10 digits (0 through 9)

• Nonalphanumeric characters: ~!@#$%^&*_-+=`|\(){}[]:;"'<>,.?/

It's being advised against and discourage but   :D   :D   :D

• FullName+Birth-Date+DayOfWeek+Birth:Time

• HouseNumber+StreetName+FloorLevel+UnitNumber+PostalCode

• BrandOfJeans+Size+Discount%+$Cost.Cents

Most people recognize the need for having strong passwords these days, which is good. But then they go on and use the same password for every site instead of having a unique strong password for each site. Kind of like putting all your eggs in one basket.

The difficulty here of course is having to remember all your paswords. But you don't have to, experts recommend to just remember a pattern that allows you to generate unique passwords instead.

Also called a password algorithm, you can come up with your own or just follow the concise and useful tutorial below.

I am sure that most of you guys have dozens of passwords for different websites. Blogs, hosting plans, social networking sites, online services, forums, you name it. The problem is to remember what password is for what website (and using the same one all over the place would be crazy for security reasons).

A first solution is to use a password manager, as I recommended in the past. However, even using that I often end up losing passwords. This happens when I forget to sync my database of passwords between different computers, for example.

To solve this problem I am starting to use a technique to be able to know all my passwords automatically. How? By creating an algorithm to create the passwords.

Here is one example:

The first digit is the number of characters on the name of the website.

The second digit is “c” is the number in the first step was odd, and “t” if it was even.

The third digit is the last letter of the name of the website.

The fourth digit is “$” if the letter in the previous step was a vowel, and “%” if it was a consonant.

The last three digits are the first three letters of the name of the website.

Using the algorithm above, your password on Twitter would be “7cr%twi” and on Facebook it would be “8tk%fac”.

Once you start using the algorithm to create your passwords you will be able to remember any password by applying it again. Obviously the important thing is to make sure no one knows what your algorithm is (and that the algorithm is slightly complex).

http://www.dailyblogtips.com/develop-an-algorithm-for-your-online-passwords-and-never-forget-one-again/

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

1. Use the password as a way to "indoctrinate" youself as you psych yourself with the statement.

Then end with the website.

2. Eg My Indoctrination Statement : Hendry Tan, leave for gym by 7 oclock today.

Then take the first letter of each word including the punctuations.

For BlowingWind : HT,lfgb7ot.bw

For Gmail : HT,lfgb7ot.gm

When you type it every morning/day, you read the above statement to yourself and hopefully psych yourself too :-)

3. Change your indoctrination statement every few months.

My passwords are basically words of my choice, encrypted such that every other English alphabet is replaced by the numerical representative of that on the phone number pad.

number-pad.png

For instance, for the word memories, it'd be m3m6r4e7 or 6e6o7i3s, depending on when you'd prefer to start the alternating sequence. Came up with this when texting was still done on old school Nokia phones. Have fun coming up with your own algorithm / encryption!

I memorise 2-3 sets of passwords that fulfil the alphanumeric, case-sensitive character requirement for a strong password.. blah blah. More importantly, I will note them down in my iPad. No, I didn't note them down character by character. For e.g., i have noted down t*****1 for my email login pass and that will prompt me of that particular password used. Thus, I won't have to worry that those passwords got hacked and stolen and remembering a few key passwords shouldn't be an issue i guess. I have been using those passwords for many years. If need be, I only change the last character that is usually a number. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Imagine doing this 50-100 times a day, everyday. Thus the need for an easy to type password and still meet security requirements.

Easy to type?

Aaaa1111 (Because Aaaa and 1111 is easier to type than Abcd and 1234)

There, it fits your stated security requirements, I even made it to consist at least 8 characters. Ironically, this password is also stronger than you using the combination of your name, birth date, address, and IC number.

Guest Chrysalis

Hi Hendry,

Hope you see this message. Chrysalis here. Hope you remember me? I was here since the days of Actionkid, ah boi, etc.

Been a long while since I logged in. And cannot remember the email address I used - probably abandoned it and now using gmail.

So I can't log in, cos I can't remember my password and email address.

Any way to help an old old old member here?

Chrysalis

IC number. You will always remember it. I use it for everything including Blowing Wind, Google and wifi. I don't want to use different passwords because I may forget. If I use the same password i will always remember it. Do you guys use different passwords for different things?

I don't remember my password and they are at least 10 characters long. Some are about 18 characters long. The best password are actually the ones you forget. You shouldn't even be remembering passwords. Delegate it to a password manager. Secure the password manager with a password that you can't remember. Write down that master password, put it inside a vault. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. Use the password as a way to "indoctrinate" youself as you psych yourself with the statement.

Then end with the website.

2. Eg My Indoctrination Statement : Hendry Tan, leave for gym by 7 oclock today.

Then take the first letter of each word including the punctuations.

For BlowingWind : HT,lfgb7ot.bw

For Gmail : HT,lfgb7ot.gm

When you type it every morning/day, you read the above statement to yourself and hopefully psych yourself too :-)

3. Change your indoctrination statement every few months.

Nice..whadda great idea! :thumb:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.