Male HQ

Pokemon Go [Now in SG]

Sinon

43 minutes ago, jackrezal said:

It's new update. Different color for each of the 3 distances.

Aiya, for a moment I thought it might be a new 25km egg (apparently mentioned by rare pokers). Maybe for hatching Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno!:(

Guest Poke Dot

Ok so its a Halloween special.

Niantic has announced a special Halloween event for Pokemon Go. 

As the company revealed in an announcement video today, from October 26th through November 1st, certain spooky Pokemon will appear more frequently throughout the game, including Haunter and Gastly. In addition, candy rewards will be increased; trainers now get double the amount of candy as usual whenever they hatch, catch or transfer a Pokemon.

Plus, buddy Pokemon will earn candy four times as fast as usual.

This is the first major event since Pokemon Go launched back in July, although the company has long been teasing that something like this would be on its way. There are also expected to be special events in the future for the launch of new Pokemon and the release of the legendary birds.

On 10/25/2016 at 0:03 PM, hairy springroll said:

I got a purple  10km  egg  this morning 

Any1  know what is it 

Usually  all same green color  regardless  km

It's the latest update for Halloween. Nothing else changed with regards to eggs other than colour-coding them by distance.

Edited by celexter
Sorry. Didn't see that someone already replied.

Guest Poke Dot

Seems like the ghosts have also replaced a lot of mons at nests also, only 3-4 per hour, now finding Pidgeys, Magikarp etc also difficult.

And anyone feels like the Pes Cs and Pes Es mons put up the most fight staying in the pokeballs? Some waste like 10+ pokeballs only to find they are C2L9, puitz!

5 minutes ago, admeric said:

I've been catching a lot of Drowzees and Cubones in NUS today especially around FASS. There are more Ghastly than before as well. 

Not sure if it's because of the update :)

Oct 26 to Nov 1 is Pokemon Go Halloween event. You will get double candies from catching and transferring and hatching. You will also get 4 times buddy Pokemon candy.

More ghost Pokemon, drowzee, hypno, cubone, marowak and meowth present and less pidgeys, rattata and other previously common Pokemon.

1 minute ago, jackrezal said:

Oct 26 to Nov 1 is Pokemon Go Halloween event. You will get double candies from catching and transferring and hatching. You will also get 4 times buddy Pokemon candy.

More ghost Pokemon, drowzee, hypno, cubone, marowak and meowth present and less pidgeys, rattata and other previously common Pokemon.

That's cool! Thanks dude :P

This Halloween nonsense really fxxked up my plans. Am in Australia hoping for exotic pokes, and stepping out from plane, my two 10km eggs hatched...into Jynxes with lousy movesets. All around, no sign of Kangaskhans or any interesting pokes...ghastly ghastly ghastly everywhere! Visited this town called Roseville where apparently it is a special place: 5km egg can hatch Mr Mime. At critical moment, out jumped a Ghastly!

I now have thousands of Ghastly candies... :thumbdown:

Guest Poke Dot
2 hours ago, Cube3 said:

This Halloween nonsense really fxxked up my plans. Am in Australia hoping for exotic pokes, and stepping out from plane, my two 10km eggs hatched...into Jynxes with lousy movesets. All around, no sign of Kangaskhans or any interesting pokes...ghastly ghastly ghastly everywhere! Visited this town called Roseville where apparently it is a special place: 5km egg can hatch Mr Mime. At critical moment, out jumped a Ghastly!

I now have thousands of Ghastly candies... :thumbdown:

lol I feel you, also got lousy hatches in this event, 66% Magma/Scither for 10k, Snakes, Ghastlys, Cats, Digletts, Ducks, Ghastlys and more Ghastlys for 5k, Bats, Weedles, and more Bats for 2k. Overall about 1.5k Ghastly candies, evolved 6 Gengars, no perfect movesets.

Farmed for Chachas at Macritchie & FCP, chalked up about 750 candies, evolved a couple Pes A but no perfect movesets. So why is Charizard not considered dragon type?

Also farmed Magikarp at MBS enough for 4 Gyra, evolved 2 but no other better ones to evolved, both got Twister.... sianz

Only consolation is a Pes B Dragonite got DB/DC, previous ones SW. Barely any rares caught this period, only 2 HMLee and a Charizard, lousy IV of course. Read Sembawang spawned about 3 Lapras within an hour yesterday, but was like 2-3 am.

9 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

lol I feel you, also got lousy hatches in this event, 66% Magma/Scither for 10k, Snakes, Ghastlys, Cats, Digletts, Ducks, Ghastlys and more Ghastlys for 5k, Bats, Weedles, and more Bats for 2k. Overall about 1.5k Ghastly candies, evolved 6 Gengars, no perfect movesets.

Farmed for Chachas at Macritchie & FCP, chalked up about 750 candies, evolved a couple Pes A but no perfect movesets. So why is Charizard not considered dragon type?

Also farmed Magikarp at MBS enough for 4 Gyra, evolved 2 but no other better ones to evolved, both got Twister.... sianz

Only consolation is a Pes B Dragonite got DB/DC, previous ones SW. Barely any rares caught this period, only 2 HMLee and a Charizard, lousy IV of course. Read Sembawang spawned about 3 Lapras within an hour yesterday, but was like 2-3 am.

Wow not bad still got lapras, HMLee...here, only the Halloween critters...bats, cats, cubones...Had to go near the sea, so that at least got magikarps! :yuk:

Guest Poke Dot
1 hour ago, Cube3 said:

Wow not bad still got lapras, HMLee...here, only the Halloween critters...bats, cats, cubones...Had to go near the sea, so that at least got magikarps! :yuk:

Haha quite a shame about your trip down under, coulda nabbed the Kanggy.

Strange, the event seems to be still on.

Guest Poke Dot
2 hours ago, jackrezal said:

Seems like extended hours bonus. Too bad at work, otherwise can walk my buddy some more.

Read somewhere the event will last till the whole world pass 1st Nov, which will be approximately 8pm SG time. Think the developers really not very effective in communicating these info to gamers.

Guest Poke Dot
14 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

fastpokemap is up 

Field tested this yesterday night, went to farm machops while the event was still on, managed 14 under 90 minutes. However only about half of the mons appeared on the radar. 

Anyway some people reporting nests seem to be migrating now.

Also new daily bonus otw.

2016. 11. 2
More bonuses, more fun! Daily bonuses are coming...

Trainers,

We want to provide you a detailed look at a new feature coming soon to Pokémon GO - Daily bonuses! Trainers will soon be able to receive a bonus for certain daily activities, including catching a Pokémon or visiting a PokéStop once a day. You’ll earn a larger bonus if you do this seven days in a row!

Catching a Pokémon every day will earn the following bonus:

• 500 XP
  • 600 Stardust

Catching a Pokémon every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:

• 2,000 XP
  • 2,400 Stardust

Visiting a PokéStop and spinning the Photo Disc every day will earn the following bonus:

• 500 XP
  • A number of additional items

Visiting a PokéStop every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:

• 2,000 XP
  • A greater number of additional items

If you catch a Pokémon at any time on Tuesday local time, you’ll be eligible for the next daily bonus on Wednesday at 12 AM local time.

The Pokémon GO team

Guest Poke Dot

Seems like Niantic has upped security and maps are down again and fastpokemap has given up. New nearby pokestop will also be rolling out soon, but so far has met with negative reception.

Now gotta see if sgpokemap will keep on fighting on... 

Thought: Is there a place in Singapore where the evolves/hatches seem to take place with better outcomes i.e. evolves end up with ideal movesets, hatches end up with great IV and rare pokes? Was able to find a place like dat overseas, but here...?

At first thought, MBS, but outcomes have been about 50/50? If hatch 4 eggs, 2 will be wonders to keep, and 2 will be non-wonders to throw away... :frustrated:

1 minute ago, Cube3 said:

Nest Update: Evees at Redhill Food Centre, Exeggcutes at Pearl Hill's Park today. 

Should wait until this week is over before calling out nests because they increased like crazy all spawn everywhere for this week because of new quests update. Enjoy it while it lasts.

8 minutes ago, jackrezal said:

Should wait until this week is over before calling out nests because they increased like crazy all spawn everywhere for this week because of new quests update. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Oh I see, sorry didn't realise that. Just that at Pearl's Hill I sortof expected Abras like a couple of weeks ago, and what popped out were like 7 exeggs in 15 mins! So I thot must be nest, and share the info if people wanna home in lor.

But yes, the spawn is abit crazy all over...multiple when I run into pokestop. Thought it must be a post-Halloween reversal i.e. enough of Ghastlies!

I'm not that lucky. Caught some slowpokes but none was wonderful. However, love the diversity as I could complete a full page of jigglypuff without going to any nest. Really missed that few days of event where you could get lots of balls. I was throwing ultra balls like pokeballs lol.

Be cool, like a breeze...

1 hour ago, Coolbriz said:

I'm not that lucky. Caught some slowpokes but none was wonderful. However, love the diversity as I could complete a full page of jigglypuff without going to any nest. Really missed that few days of event where you could get lots of balls. I was throwing ultra balls like pokeballs lol.

My luck may be only in IV. This evening had a chauffeur-partner and we used sgpokemap to hunt for rare pokes. Snared a Porygon and Snorlax: partner's Porygon was 1000 and my was 100, his Snorlax was 2000 over and mine was only 200. It means I must never buy 4D :(

Tonight was trying to defend multiple gyms to collect more coins...target: 3 around Chinatown. Fought hard but it was like hackers were involved i.e. sometimes the gym would repel avatar and no matter how I walked, couldn't get/stay close; other times increased prestige to create new slot and - surprise! - somebody else's pokemon has been slotted in. Thought after latest update, only battle winners could slot in and mine was the only only one battling :blink:

Gave up in the end, collected just 10 coins...

2 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Tonight was trying to defend multiple gyms to collect more coins...target: 3 around Chinatown. Fought hard but it was like hackers were involved i.e. sometimes the gym would repel avatar and no matter how I walked, couldn't get/stay close; other times increased prestige to create new slot and - surprise! - somebody else's pokemon has been slotted in. Thought after latest update, only battle winners could slot in and mine was the only only one battling :blink:

Gave up in the end, collected just 10 coins...

WIth the new update, its easier to break down gym nowadays and so hard to defend especially in prominent places. Nowadays it's better to take other team down than train own team's gym. If you drive and familiar with the east, you can try Ubi industrial area. There are gyms in drivable proximity and you can get about 4-5 gyms if you are lucky. :) 

3 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

WIth the new update, its easier to break down gym nowadays and so hard to defend especially in prominent places. Nowadays it's better to take other team down than train own team's gym. If you drive and familiar with the east, you can try Ubi industrial area. There are gyms in drivable proximity and you can get about 4-5 gyms if you are lucky. :) 

I usually just whack the two gyms near me, so 20 coins each day.  Always see the same names in them.  Nowadays mainly just look for Chansey to complete my score.

Instagram @the_meowprince

2 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

I usually just whack the two gyms near me, so 20 coins each day.  Always see the same names in them.  Nowadays mainly just look for Chansey to complete my score.

That's quite good achievement! I only got 10 coins whenever I am lucky enough to get an empty slot while I'm traveling on buses or mrt. The time I got 50coins was when I joined my friend who drove around ubi area. People who drive certainly have some advantages especially targeting rare Pokemons. I haven't caught any chansey yet although I hatched one from a 10km egg. 

6 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

That's quite good achievement! I only got 10 coins whenever I am lucky enough to get an empty slot while I'm traveling on buses or mrt. The time I got 50coins was when I joined my friend who drove around ubi area. People who drive certainly have some advantages especially targeting rare Pokemons. I haven't caught any chansey yet although I hatched one from a 10km egg. 

:(  So good.  My last 4 10kms all hatched Sun Ho or Xiaxue.  Yucks.

Actually I have a couple of nemesis in my area.  An uncle who walks to and fro evicting everyone from both gyms but not parking anything afterward.  And a father-and-son pair who used to jump in after I beat off a gym.  At least now with the update, I won't need to worry about them, but I do evict them whenever I see them parked into the gyms here.

5 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Now spawns are like 30 minutes, can slowly walk or even take train or bus to catch rare ones liao.

Oh?  No wonder don't see ppl running around anymore.

3 hours ago, Cube3 said:

I need an aerodactyl!!!:ph34r:

I have 3, all hatched a long time ago, plus one more caught in the wild....   Too bad can't trade. :(

Guest Poke Dot
1 hour ago, MeowPrince said:

:(  So good.  My last 4 10kms all hatched Sun Ho or Xiaxue.  Yucks.

Yeah I keep hatching rubbishmons for my 10k and 5k eggs, pinsirs jynx and scithers, sian.

1 hour ago, MeowPrince said:

Oh?  No wonder don't see ppl running around anymore.

Anyway many people have stopped playing, some neighbourhood hotspots where there were 100+ pple those days now occasionally 3 to 4 people. Plus now all the Lapras gone to Japan for event, nothing much to catch other than Snorlax.

Guest pokemon 3mths

how many pokemons have u guys caught so far. i have all those evolved pokemoms and come to a total 139. The complete list should be 149. but i think i am going to stop soon.....haha.....

Btw, only caught one snorlax and 2 lepras so far. May i know where is the nest of Snorlax and other rare pokemon nest?

3 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Now the craze has shifted over to dragonite  since lapras has migrated to Japan :) 

Ooooo...  

1 hour ago, Guest pokemon 3mths said:

how many pokemons have u guys caught so far. i have all those evolved pokemoms and come to a total 139. The complete list should be 149. but i think i am going to stop soon.....haha.....

Btw, only caught one snorlax and 2 lepras so far. May i know where is the nest of Snorlax and other rare pokemon nest?

Think the full list is 145.  141 plus the 4 region-specific mons.

You can try MBS/Gbtb, Changi Village and ECP for the rares.  Good luck!