Male HQ

Pokemon Go [Now in SG]

Sinon

Guest Poke Dot

Trainers,

Professor Willow has discovered Togepi and Pichu hatching from Eggs! Starting later today, Trainers will have the opportunity to hatch these and several other Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto Region in Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games. These are the first of more Pokémon coming to Pokémon GO over the next few months. Be sure to use the hashtag #PokemonGO on Twitter to share your experiences as you explore your local neighborhoods with family and friends, walk to hatch these Pokémon from Eggs, and register them to your collection this holiday season. We can’t wait to see what Pokémon you’ve hatched!

We also have another special treat for you. Starting later today through December 29, 2016, 10:00 A.M. PST, you’ll find limited edition Pikachu all over the world. These Pikachu will be wearing a festive hat to celebrate the season! Use the Pokémon GO AR camera when you encounter them in the wild to take their picture and share it with us using #HolidayPikachu.

—The Pokémon GO team

Hmm quite a disappointment this update news ! However, I will still continue to play, maybe I will not be buying myself an XMAS present this year.

I might buy myself egg incubators !!! 

Pikachu with XMAS hats will appeal to KIDS - festive season - they are on holidays - wont be surprise to see them running around MBS shouting PIKACHU, PIKACHU !

Edited by inbody123

Guest Poke Dot

Good time to complete the pikachu medal. Looking at sgpokemap macham whole sg covered with pikachu, already caught a tier 1 santa pikachu lying on my bed just now when i woke up, but 10cp nia. :P 

4 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Today must be lucky day, got

10 cp tier 1 santa pikachu

10 cp tier 1 squirtle 

10 k egg, finally since halloween.

If it's, say, a 95% IV santa pickachu, I will evolve into santa raichu and use all me stardust to feed till full! ...Cos it'll be the only santa pikachu fighting full strength in the gyms! ;)

@Coolbriz  so good.  Every perfect dratini I ever caught gave me twister, its almost like a curse.  My good dragonites are all from 90ish% Dragonairs/Dratinis.

@Cube3 heheh, my 1st evolve was derided as fake/impossible on PoGoSg FB, just because I happened to have a stock of pika candies.  My 2nd festive-raichu was last night, after catching 10 more pikas (and walking buddy) was 97%!  Contented.  No going to power them up.

Now, am just waiting my new eggs to hatch, all freshly acquired yesterday afternoon.   

Instagram @the_meowprince

Guest Poke Dot
4 hours ago, Cube3 said:

If it's, say, a 95% IV santa pickachu, I will evolve into santa raichu and use all me stardust to feed till full! ...Cos it'll be the only santa pikachu fighting full strength in the gyms! ;)

Hmmm... think is only ~91%, am deliberating whether to evolve or not cos its prolly as rare as a 100% lol... like my 42cp Snorlax... :redface: and my ~200cp Dragonair. Niantic likes to troll me.

Guest Poke Dot

Abra: Greenwood Sanctuary Admiralty
Bulbasaur: Singapore Botanic Gardens
Charmander: Woodlands Waterfront
Charmander: Tiong Bahru Park
Charmander: Bukit Batok Civil Service Park
Clefairy: Hort Park
Clefairy: Jurong Central Park
Clefairy: Jurong West Neighbourhood Park
Cubone: Rochester Hill
Cubone: Woodlands Vista Park
Diglett: Tampines Eco Green
Diglett: Woodlands Town Park East
Drowzee: Time Park?
Eevee: Choa Chu Kang Park? (Higher than normal Eevee spawn)
Electabuzz: Pasir Ris Park Central Section
Electabuzz: Sengkang Riverside Park East Section
Exeggcute: Macritchie Reservoir Park
Geodude: Pasir Ris Park West Section
Geodude: Sun Plaza Park
Growlithe: Taman Jurong Greens
Growlithe: Bishan Active Park
Magmar: Bedok Reservoir Park
Machop: Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park: Pond Gardens
Machop: East Coast Park Area F
Machop: Kallang Riverside Park East
Mankey: Cheng San Town Garden
Jigglypuff: Gardens By The Bay East
Jigglypuff: Field along Kampong Arang
Jynx: Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park: River Plains
Kabuto: Field outside Lot One
Kabuto: Jurong Eco Garden
Kabuto: Lower Seletar Reservoir Park
Kabuto: Dhoby Ghaut Green
Kabuto: Tampines Community Plaza
Onix: Toa Payoh Lorong 1 Park
Onix: Pasir Ris Street 21 Park
Ponyta: Katong Park
Ponyta: Field between Hougang Central and Hougang Ave 10
Ponyta: Zhenghua Park
Rhyhorn: Haw Par Villa
Rhyhorn: Labarador Park
Rhyhorn: Woodlands Admiral Garden
Rhyhorn: Kent Ridge Park
Scyther: Japanese Garden
Seel: Hougang Ave 5 Park
Shellder: Padang
Shellder: Firefly Park
Squirtle: Field along Republic Avenue
Squirtle: Bukit Panjang Park
Vulpix: Clementi Woods Park
Vulpix: Pasir Ris Park East Section
Vulpix: Park along Nanyang Drive
Vulpix: Sengkang Riverside Park West Section
Vulpix: Somme Road Playground
Vulpix: Kallang Riverside Park North

13 minutes ago, MeowPrince said:

I only got Pichu, unexpectedly from a 5km egg, on Wed.  After that, my 10km gave me Lapras, Chansey, Hitmonlee and Pinsir.
I know this auntie, with a single incubator, already hatched togepi, magby and igglybuff.

Hey, not bad, you got a good Chansey...she will be in demand cuz once can evolve into Blissey, will be super powerful in the gym! :thumb:

2 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Anyone knows, what's with this sudden explosion of Magikarps on sgpokemap? Supposed to be sieved out by filter, but they're still everywhere...

Karps have always been everywhere. What do you mean by explosion?

6 hours ago, jackrezal said:

Karps have always been everywhere. What do you mean by explosion?

They used to be hidden if unticked in sgpokemap filter. Now, even if unticked, they are shown... Thot maybe it's some New Year celebration or something...

55 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

They used to be hidden if unticked in sgpokemap filter. Now, even if unticked, they are shown... Thot maybe it's some New Year celebration or something...

Doesn't happen to me though, they are still hidden for me on sgpokemap O.o

Guest Poke Dot

Damn super irritating, standing right at the bottom of the gym, fight until last defender and the damn avatar keeps wandering away out of range, made me lose the spot. :swear:

1 hour ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Damn super irritating, standing right at the bottom of the gym, fight until last defender and the damn avatar keeps wandering away out of range, made me lose the spot. :swear:

Yes it does happen, yes it's annoying. I gave up once when I wasted resources to secure a gym and I kept encountering error thereafter. What to do, it's just not my day lol. Anyway, how many eggs did you guys hatch into gen2 babies? I only got 1 Igglybuff out of 2km egg. The rest of the 5km eggs are just ordinary pokemons. What I love to do is to put the baby in gym so that any player clicking into the gym will expand their pokedex slots. Yay! 

Be cool, like a breeze...

1 hour ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Yep, some gyms more prone to GPS drift than others, it seems e.g. Telok Ayer MRT gym, Tong Ji Hospital gym...and some days worse than others. I wonder if there's some tech cheat that makes it tougher to attack gym using some kinda hack, say, when their own poke is defending. Gives them more time to grab other gyms and claim more coins...?

Is there...such an app?:ph34r:

Guest Poke Dot
1 hour ago, Coolbriz said:

Yes it does happen, yes it's annoying. I gave up once when I wasted resources to secure a gym and I kept encountering error thereafter. What to do, it's just not my day lol. Anyway, how many eggs did you guys hatch into gen2 babies? I only got 1 Igglybuff out of 2km egg. The rest of the 5km eggs are just ordinary pokemons. What I love to do is to put the baby in gym so that any player clicking into the gym will expand their pokedex slots. Yay! 

haha i still got no new ones ... hence making me all the more not interested in the game, been playing less and less, only clocking daily bonus and sometimes chalking miles for egg. Batt drain is enormous plus too much grind for too little, really putting me off the game.

1 hour ago, Cube3 said:

Yep, some gyms more prone to GPS drift than others, it seems e.g. Telok Ayer MRT gym, Tong Ji Hospital gym...and some days worse than others. I wonder if there's some tech cheat that makes it tougher to attack gym using some kinda hack, say, when their own poke is defending. Gives them more time to grab other gyms and claim more coins...?

Is there...such an app?:ph34r:

Wah cheem sia, am no techie but think gym mechanics are managed at their server side? Would be hard to hack with an app bah... :mellow:

3 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

haha i still got no new ones ... hence making me all the more not interested in the game, been playing less and less, only clocking daily bonus and sometimes chalking miles for egg. Batt drain is enormous plus too much grind for too little, really putting me off the game.

Me too! I've hatched like ten 5km eggs and nothing...Really exasperating! :angry:

6 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Some stats given online:

10km eggs: average 12 (Magby); 13 (Elekid); 19 (Smoochum)

5km eggs:   Average 40 (Pichu); 125 (Togepi)

2km eggs:   average 21 (Cleffa); 13 (Igglybuff)

so @Cube3, you still need to hatch 30 more to get something :P 

Serious?!!! What's the use of all these babies (admittedly they are cute, but soooo much work!) Are they useful in the gym, or can evolve into pokes with special powers...? * Sniff *

On 21/12/2016 at 1:44 PM, Cube3 said:

Serious?!!! What's the use of all these babies (admittedly they are cute, but soooo much work!) Are they useful in the gym, or can evolve into pokes with special powers...? * Sniff *

No idea man. But like you said, they are just too adorable to resist. Anyway, latest update fixed the excessive vibration. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Guest Poke Dot
3 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

No idea man. But like you said, they are just too adorable to resist. Anyway, latest update fixed the excessive vibration. 

Actually dun find them adorable leh... just hatched a Pichu and was hardly elated at all, maybe they should've saved this egg hatching thing for Easter. 

1 minute ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Actually dun find them adorable leh... just hatched a Pichu and was hardly elated at all, maybe they should've saved this egg hatching thing for Easter. 

Yah, I just want my Pokédex entry that's all but not my luck. I'll just wait until they are available in a manner that I can possibly attain instead of relying on luck on the eggs.

6 minutes ago, jackrezal said:

Yah, I just want my Pokédex entry that's all but not my luck. I'll just wait until they are available in a manner that I can possibly attain instead of relying on luck on the eggs.

Same here, just want to fill the entry.  But all I got is Pichu and Cleffa.  BF has gotten 2 Magbys, Iggly, Cleffa, Togepi and Elekid. :(

14 minutes ago, MeowPrince said:

Same here, just want to fill the entry.  But all I got is Pichu and Cleffa.  BF has gotten 2 Magbys, Iggly, Cleffa, Togepi and Elekid. :(

Good for him. I don't really care about people who already have. Just focusing on those of us have nots. Haha.

23 minutes ago, jackrezal said:

Good for him. I don't really care about people who already have. Just focusing on those of us have nots. Haha.

I count myself as have not.  Coz all my neighbourhood aunties have all 7!

*sobs*

But am not going to bother with them once my current stock of incubators are gone.... which will be very soon......

1 minute ago, MeowPrince said:

I count myself as have not.  Coz all my neighbourhood aunties have all 7!

*sobs*

But am not going to bother with them once my current stock of incubators are gone.... which will be very soon......

Yeah, me too. Need the money to buy some happiness from Amazon.

1 hour ago, jackrezal said:

I'm a have-not. Not even one. Having hatched practically 20 eggs, 2km and 5km! I must not buy Big Sweep coming New Year...

https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/22/pokemon-go-arrives-on-the-apple-watch/

Pokémon Go arrives on the Apple Watch

Next Story
applewatch_pikachu_pr_v03-1.jpg?w=969

Following an erroneous report claiming that Niantic’s plans to bring Pokémon Go to the Apple Watch were canceled, the company today put those rumors to rest with more than a mere statement: it has now launched the Apple Watch version of its popular game. The new smartwatch app lets you more easily play Pokémon without having to always pull out your phone. Instead, you can tap to find nearby Pokémon, collect items from PokéStops, and even log your gameplay as a “workout.”

The AR and GPS-powered game, which has been downloaded 600 million times as of November, offers a unique combination of gameplay and physical activity that makes sense for a platform like the Apple Watch.

04-watchface

The new app will take advantage of the watch’s fitness-tracking capabilities, as gameplay counts toward your personal Activity rings. In addition, your Apple Watch sessions will count toward hatching your Pokémon Eggs, too, as well as receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon.

Regular Pokémon Go players get a lot of exercise, of course. The company recently announced that trainers have walked more than 8.7 billion kilometers in their quest to capture 88 billion Pokémon to date. That’s the equivalent of 200,000 trips around the world, Niantic said.

The new game could encourage people to get out and walk even more.

03-mainscreen

In addition to fitness tracking, Pokémon Go will also tie into the Apple Watch’s ability to push notifications to your wrist. The app will send alerts about a variety of important events, including when there are nearby Pokémon to catch, when you’re near a PokéStop, when your Eggs hatch, and when medals are awarded, says Niantic.

However, when it comes time to actually catch the Pokémon, you’ll still need to break out your iPhone.

01-pokemon_appeared

The launch of the Apple Watch app comes shortly after the smartphone app was updated with a number of new features, including the ability to hatch new Pokémon characters originally from the Pokémon Gold and Silver video games, the addition of Ditto, as well as the ability to catch the special edition Pikachu that’s wearing a festive holiday hat.

The company has also been steadily upgrading standard features like the tracker, while collaborating with big brands like Starbucks to serve as destinations for Gyms and PokéStops.

05-egg

However, many of Pokémon Go’s moves as of late have focused on re-engaging lapsed users, too – like the in-game event over Halloween, for example, or the daily bonuses.

Launching on the Apple Watch may give these more casual players a reason to return, as the initial hype around the record-breaking game begins to wear off.

02_pokestop

Niantic had first announced there would be an Apple Watch app at Apple’s September event, and just this week, its code was found to have references to Apple Watch features. However, some have been concerned whether the company would meet its earlier stated deadline of reaching the Apple Watch before year-end.

The app is rolling out now in all markets where Pokémon Go is available.

Guest Poke Dot

Trainers,

As the year draws to a close, we want to give you a great way to celebrate the end of the year with Pokémon GO. For the next couple of weeks, you’ll have even more reason to explore the world with your friends and family while you enjoy our year-end event.

Don’t miss out on an increased chance to hatch a Togepi (and other Pokémon)! Starting the morning of December 25, 2016, and through the afternoon of January 3, 2017 (PST), PokéStops will award one single-use Incubator each day after your first Photo Disc spin. As you visit PokéStops during this time period, there will be a greater chance of finding Eggs that hatch Togepi, Pichu, and several other recently found Pokémon, originally discovered in the Johto region. Special Pikachu wearing festive hats will also be staying around a bit longer! You are more likely to find these limited-edition Pikachu during the time period of this celebration.

In addition, from the afternoon of December 30, 2016, through the afternoon of January 8, 2017 (PST), the first partner Pokémon and their Evolutions, originally discovered in the Kanto region, are more likely to be encountered. This means a greater chance to catch Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur, as well as Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard, plus Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise! As a way to increase your chance to encounter one of these Pokémon, Lure Modules will also last for 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes.

Get up and go!

—The Pokémon GO team