Male HQ

Pokemon Go [Now in SG]

Sinon

7 hours ago, Cube3 said:

If Pokedex completed, then target finishing all the medals. If all medals completed, then try improving IVs of every species. If IVs all high, then work on improving the movesets etc. etc...?

Ya man. Working on the medals though some like ice and fighting types are rather difficult to achieve. Egg hatching and gym are another different category of achievement that requires commitment. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

4 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Ya man. Working on the medals though some like ice and fighting types are rather difficult to achieve. Egg hatching and gym are another different category of achievement that requires commitment. 

Yup, that's why I've been hopping by Fort Canning to catch Jynxes...but still only at bronze medal for ice types :mellow:

Guest Poke Dot

App crashes like mad after recent update, way to go to kill off an already dying game.

14 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Yup, that's why I've been hopping by Fort Canning to catch Jynxes...but still only at bronze medal for ice types :mellow:

Ice so hard to get, only have 61 so far. My rat medal lagi worse, only 17, lol!

5 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

Same same.. hopefully the upcoming valentine's event will introduce some new eevee-evolved Pokémon to entice us :) 

Maybe they'll intro the genders officially.

2 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Ice so hard to get, only have 61 so far. My rat medal lagi worse, only 17, lol!

How come so few rats? :o I've got thousands of rats...trying to evolve then kill them off in gym fights...and rats can turn into dittos, so just grab la!

Guest Poke Dot
9 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

How come so few rats? :o I've got thousands of rats...trying to evolve then kill them off in gym fights...and rats can turn into dittos, so just grab la!

Dunno why also, I caught a lot of rats but seems like most of them are not tiny ones.

4 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Dunno why also, I caught a lot of rats but seems like most of them are not tiny ones.

U got lots of big fat rats lol. I caught 1700 of them and only got 177 tiny ones. Only got 114 big magikarp. During santachu event got 263 pikachu.. none can achieve any milestone.

46 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

U got lots of big fat rats lol. I caught 1700 of them and only got 177 tiny ones. Only got 114 big magikarp. During santachu event got 263 pikachu.. none can achieve any milestone.

Eh? Shouldn't you be gold medal for all of these by now? I never counted but yes, during santachu hit the god medal. Now only ice and fighting left... (yes lucky still got targets to look forward to!)

3 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Eh? Shouldn't you be gold medal for all of these by now? I never counted but yes, during santachu hit the god medal. Now only ice and fighting left... (yes lucky still got targets to look forward to!)

Unfortunately no. Only started catching pikachu during santachu event. Before that I got less than 10! Lol well perhaps I didn't play as intensive as you? I only catch while on the go or during jogging. 

I still got the following to hit gold:

pokemon: fighting, rock, steel, dragon, ice

others: egg hatching, big magikarp, gym battles, gym training, small rats, & pikachu!

so I still got lots to catch up haha. 

41 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

Unfortunately no. Only started catching pikachu during santachu event. Before that I got less than 10! Lol well perhaps I didn't play as intensive as you? I only catch while on the go or during jogging. 

I still got the following to hit gold:

pokemon: fighting, rock, steel, dragon, ice

others: egg hatching, big magikarp, gym battles, gym training, small rats, & pikachu!

so I still got lots to catch up haha. 

You don't feel it worth putting in all that time and energy like the hardcore ones amongst us. You have a life to live. Play at your own pace, never compare with others and then you will be easily happy. :D

Guest Poke Dot
11 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Yah, so unfair, I went out catching a couple of them last night and got a few XS rats but my catch count remained at 17! So other than being XS, it has to be like scrawny thin rats. RATS!

Guest Poke Dot

Trainers,

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we couldn’t think of a sweeter time to double the amount of Candy you’ll earn every time you catch, hatch, and transfer Pokémon. Your Buddy Pokémon is also getting into the Valentine’s Day spirit and will find Candy twice as fast!

Throughout the celebration, you’ll notice that Chansey, Clefable, and many other adorable pink Pokémon will be encountered more frequently in the wild. Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Smoochum will also be more likely to hatch from Eggs. And to help you paint your town pink this Valentine’s Day, Lure Modules will last for six hours for the entire duration of the event.

This limited-time celebration will only be available from 11:00 A.M. PST on February 8, 2017, to 11:00 A.M. PST on February 15, 2017, so grab your valentine, get out, and explore the world around you!

—The Pokémon GO team

Guest Poke Dot

Reported new egg hatch changes again,

2k eggs -

Abra

Bellsprout

Diglett

Ekans

Execute

Ghastly

Goldeen

Krabby

Machop

Nidoran 

Oddish 

Slowpoke

Venonat

5k eggs -

Onix

Pichu

Pinsir

Scyther

Tangela

Togepi

Guest Poke Dot
22 minutes ago, Atlas Star said:

got tio cheat de feeling. thought fairy pokemon will increase in spawn rate like previous event. end up all exeggcute. -.-

Got increase a bit I think, all pink pokemons did. Lots of Chansey, Lickitung and Porygon, stocking up on these for Gen 2.

21 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

So how's everyone doing in this pinky event? Should coincide with pink dot event.. abundance of fairies and lickitung and more occurrences of chanseys. 

Smells like a desperate attempt, especially the 6 hour lures and abundance of chancey and porygon. As long as some people are happy I guess. I'm possibly pretty jaded, rather go watch a movie or take a nap.

Guest Poke Dot
Trainers,

Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, and many more Pokémon are nearly here! Starting later this week, you’ll have the opportunity to catch more than 80 Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games. We’ve also implemented some new features to enhance your Pokémon GO experience.

Additional Pokémon: More than 80 Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games, as well as Pokémon with gender-specific variations, will start rolling out in Pokémon GO.

New Evolutions: There are now more opportunities to evolve your Pokémon in Pokémon GO than ever before. Some Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will soon be able to evolve—into Pokémon that inhabit the Johto region! Be on the lookout for new Evolution items at PokéStops, which you’ll need to evolve some Pokémon.

New Encounter Gameplay: When you encounter Pokémon in the wild, don’t be surprised if they react in new ways as you’re trying to catch them. You’ll also notice the addition of new item carousels that allow you to select Berries and Poké Balls directly from the encounter screen. Hone your skills and catch those elusive Pokémon!

New Berries: Pokémon enjoy eating Berries, and you’ll have the opportunity to get two new Berries by spinning the Photo Disc at PokéStops—Nanab Berries and Pinap Berries! Giving a Pokémon a Nanab Berry will slow its movements, making it easier to catch. The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of Candy you’ll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds.

New Avatars and an Expanded Wardrobe: Now you’ll be able to give your avatar a complete upgrade! Customize your look with a whole new selection of hats, shirts, pants, and other items.

Be sure to use the hashtag #PokemonGO on Twitter to share your experiences as you explore your local neighborhoods with family and friends. We can’t wait to see the Pokémon you catch!

—The Pokémon GO team

Guest Poke Dot
52 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Finally. Am in Australia and yes, it was a sea of pink but not a single Chansey! Utterly disgusted.-_-

So wasted. I caught about 18, now got 4 pes A Chancey ready for Blissey, one is 100% best moveset, one was hatched so got shit load of candy. Yesterday one of my other 9 10k eggs also hatched a 96% best moveset Lapras, so very eventful event for me.:D

On 2/16/2017 at 0:20 PM, Guest Poke Dot said:

So wasted. I caught about 18, now got 4 pes A Chancey ready for Blissey, one is 100% best moveset, one was hatched so got shit load of candy. Yesterday one of my other 9 10k eggs also hatched a 96% best moveset Lapras, so very eventful event for me.:D

Lol hope you get the 100% Blissey! ...Is Blissey really that good of a time-out poke? Ran into one yesterday already, 3000 over CP. Was a bit tricky to take down but with efficient equal-CP Dragonite can still wipe it out. Thought Snorlax was tougher to take down...maybe this Blissey didn't have best defence moveset...

Guest Poke Dot
1 hour ago, Cube3 said:

Lol hope you get the 100% Blissey! ...Is Blissey really that good of a time-out poke? Ran into one yesterday already, 3000 over CP. Was a bit tricky to take down but with efficient equal-CP Dragonite can still wipe it out. Thought Snorlax was tougher to take down...maybe this Blissey didn't have best defence moveset...

Think they've adjusted a lot fo the gym mechanics, movesets/damages/timing, now I find Snorlax easier to take down. Blissey is quite tanky and think most people are timing out. Plus all the avatar drifting, app crashing, game can get quite frustrating.

They've also nerfed Lapras & some of the movesets and some have become obsolete.

On 2/18/2017 at 2:47 PM, Guest Poke Dot said:

Think they've adjusted a lot fo the gym mechanics, movesets/damages/timing, now I find Snorlax easier to take down. Blissey is quite tanky and think most people are timing out. Plus all the avatar drifting, app crashing, game can get quite frustrating.

They've also nerfed Lapras & some of the movesets and some have become obsolete.

How can get a Blissey? Nest?

On 2/18/2017 at 5:47 PM, Guest Poke Dot said:

I'm devastated by all these changes in movesets. Pokes which used to be high-IV with perfect movesets suddenly out-moved, gotta evolve all over again to get optimal pokes. - What to do with the now non-optimal pokes? Transfer or keep? Shucks...

5 minutes ago, jack21992 said:

Time to reinstall the app and start catching!

lucky i saved lots of eevee candies, no problem evolving it into espeon (name it sakura) or umbreon (name it tamao)

only on the 1st try. =/ after that, I tried evolving, its random evolution again.

Guest Poke Dot
2 hours ago, Atlas Star said:

only on the 1st try. =/ after that, I tried evolving, its random evolution again.

The word is you'll have to walk 10km with the Eevee, while still buddying, evolve it either day or night time will give you the respective color mon.

6 hours ago, Cube3 said:

I'm devastated by all these changes in movesets. Pokes which used to be high-IV with perfect movesets suddenly out-moved, gotta evolve all over again to get optimal pokes. - What to do with the now non-optimal pokes? Transfer or keep? Shucks...

Yesh some of the pes A mons which I've transferred away have become more powerful movesets, eg. Petal Blizzard. Not to mention the new powers the old mons have acquired, eg. Pidgeot's more desired moveset is now Air Slash/Brave Bird, Hurricane is more common now. Charizard's buffed charged move is Overheat. Lapras use to be an ice pokemon, now is water/ice and have attained those water moves. Wasted a lot of effort trying to get pes A best movesets before, this constant shifting of goal post made me lost a lot of interest in the game, now just catch to fill pokedex mainly.

18 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Yesh some of the pes A mons which I've transferred away have become more powerful movesets, eg. Petal Blizzard. Not to mention the new powers the old mons have acquired, eg. Pidgeot's more desired moveset is now Air Slash/Brave Bird, Hurricane is more common now. Charizard's buffed charged move is Overheat. Lapras use to be an ice pokemon, now is water/ice and have attained those water moves. Wasted a lot of effort trying to get pes A best movesets before, this constant shifting of goal post made me lost a lot of interest in the game, now just catch to fill pokedex mainly.

Yup, know what you mean. Can't be too serious investing in a poke cuz somewhere down the road it may just be ruthlessly nerfed! Still, just to keep my 'exercise programme' going...

Am trying to determine where all the movesets stand, esp. the legacy moves, but there seem to be different recommendations. Currently am looking at the pogomoves website which seems to be more updated, but it remains a question: what to do with all those pes A, say, pigeots with wing-attack/hurricane movesets. If throw away seems so sayang. Sigh.

Guest Poke Dot
2 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Yup, know what you mean. Can't be too serious investing in a poke cuz somewhere down the road it may just be ruthlessly nerfed! Still, just to keep my 'exercise programme' going...

Am trying to determine where all the movesets stand, esp. the legacy moves, but there seem to be different recommendations. Currently am looking at the pogomoves website which seems to be more updated, but it remains a question: what to do with all those pes A, say, pigeots with wing-attack/hurricane movesets. If throw away seems so sayang. Sigh.

Yeah, way to go for a developer to kill interest in their game. They'll probably nerf Blissey next time. When Gen 3 comes along probably gonna be the same nerfing across board, or they may introduce changing/learning new moveset.

Pokemon storage is at a half price now, if you got spare coins can take the chance to upgrade, think its expires 28 Feb or something. Now I'm just keeping the pes A ones, regardless of moves. For Pigeot, Hurricane still packs a wallop, so can still use bah. Some are waiting for gamepress to release comprehensive data, so hold on to the mons first.

Guest Poke Dot

Pikachu is ready to lead the Pokémon Day celebration in Pokémon GO. From February 26 at 1:00 p.m. PST to March 6 at 1:00 p.m. PST, any Pikachu you encounter in the wild will be wearing a festive party hat! The Pikachu you catch during that time will keep its party hat forever, so be sure to look for this special Pikachu during its short time in the wild.

Guest Poke Dot
16 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Wherrrt? Another hat? Keep, keep, keep, when searching for a poke gotta flip flip flip...:yuk:

Yeah, gotta keep a lookout for male/female versions with party hats and their evolved forms.

On 24/02/2017 at 0:36 AM, Coolbriz said:

Unless u already max out Pokémon storage, now with 100coins it's easier to expand :) 

Now at 600 but feels like a lot to flip thru, no? Everytime I wanna use a poke - esp. for prestiging - gotta flip and search, flip and search...-_-