Male HQ

Pokemon Go [Now in SG]

Sinon

Earning pokecoins at the gym is getting more and more difficult...used to be able to slot a few pokes in at night, but now takeovers seem to be timed way past midnight! Poke defenders end up with only a couple of hours, so I end up with only half of the usual 50 :huh:

Anybody interested in nightly blue-team invasions of Chinatown gyms?

Edited by Cube3

25 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Earning pokecoins at the gym is getting more and more difficult...used to be able to slot a few pokes in at night, but now takeovers seem to be timed way past midnight! Poke defenders end up with only a couple of hours, so I end up with only half of the usual 50 :huh:

Anybody interested in nightly blue-team invasions of Chinatown gyms?

Whoa if its every night thats a pretty big commitment leh

2 hours ago, Samezuka said:

Whoa if its every night thats a pretty big commitment leh

Lol can do it like the Avengers lor, assemble when available...say, 11pm to 12 plus, just to grab something like 5 gyms. If gym can hold for around 2 hours each, then 50 coins can guaranteed be hit! If can't get ideal team of 6 trainers, 5 or 4 would do to...better than one lone ranger trying to fight spoofers and cheaters... :frustrated:

52 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Lol can do it like the Avengers lor, assemble when available...say, 11pm to 12 plus, just to grab something like 5 gyms. If gym can hold for around 2 hours each, then 50 coins can guaranteed be hit! If can't get ideal team of 6 trainers, 5 or 4 would do to...better than one lone ranger trying to fight spoofers and cheaters... :frustrated:

Yeah was defending a gym as we speak. This bugger tried to take down the mystic gym i just slotted in.. spammed golden razz berry on blissey and annoyed that persistent asshole for 2 hours before he finally gave up LOL 

Wow defending gym for 2hrs! Hardcore! Alternatively, we can be shavers taking one slot down using another account of different coloured team. Wait 10min then put in. This works best for solo player like myself :) 

Be cool, like a breeze...

3 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Wow defending gym for 2hrs! Hardcore! Alternatively, we can be shavers taking one slot down using another account of different coloured team. Wait 10min then put in. This works best for solo player like myself :) 

Sounds like a super long process!

7 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Ehhhhh...I take two hours to slot in, and you use another different coloured account to shave me off?!:swear:

It's interesting, all these new Poke Lingo e.g. spoofer = player who fakes GPS, shaver = player who uses different coloured account to knock another player out of gym, so that he can slot his own pokemon in.

Tonight, came across two yellow players attacking a gym. After taking it down, 3 pokes were slotted in: X and Y1, Y2. I realised one of them was using two accounts, in order to help fill up the gym! :doh: - What is the Poke Lingo for that?

6 hours ago, Cube3 said:

It's interesting, all these new Poke Lingo e.g. spoofer = player who fakes GPS, shaver = player who uses different coloured account to knock another player out of gym, so that he can slot his own pokemon in.

Tonight, came across two yellow players attacking a gym. After taking it down, 3 pokes were slotted in: X and Y1, Y2. I realised one of them was using two accounts, in order to help fill up the gym! :doh: - What is the Poke Lingo for that?

Just multi-account perhaps lol. I think it is perfectly fine to have multiple accounts, shaving is also allowed. Spoofing is definitely not allowed, but I dont think Niantic is going after spoofers anymore.

@Samezuka - congrats on getting the hang of it :) with the bananas.  In case you encounter a resistant Trex, use banana-gold-banana.  3rd try is almost a given as long as you have Great Throw or better.

@Cube3 - should try for early morn timings.  anything before 2am is savage battling, with Blue, Red and Yellow flyers/spoofers ravaging the gyms.  I normally go whack the gyms from 5am, its peaceful, cool, and no berryfeeders to contend with.  Take down a full gym, park mon, and move on to the next.

@Sibelius - oh yes, Niantic does go after the gps spoofers.  But clamping down (with Google) with Android 7.  Now only iPhone users can spoof, or those who disable updates on Androids.

@Coolbriz - I've a disused Yellow PTC account, though I doubt a level21 will be of any good.  So am stuck with the legit :(

Instagram @the_meowprince

12 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

@Coolbriz - I've a disused Yellow PTC account, though I doubt a level21 will be of any good.  So am stuck with the legit :(

My red account is only lvl 25. Good enough for shaving if you caught a few good Pokémon like machamp, snorlax or equivalent in that account :) 

2 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

Sure! Here you go! Green line is main route while blue line is small internal route. 

I think got 20+ pokestops for one loop.

IMG_3559_zpswkqwqbdi.jpeg

Hmmm...MBS is a better route, no? In terms of...got toilet, can go pee (or more) at midnight... :P

Guest Poke Dot
1 hour ago, Cube3 said:

Hmmm...MBS is a better route, no? In terms of...got toilet, can go pee (or more) at midnight... :P

Can pee au naturale in the open, more thrilling isn't it?

Anyways, latest update allows remote feeding of berries, really sucks. As if taking over a gym is not hard enough, now is made even harder. System really benefits spoofers more than legit players.

Guest Poke Dot

Frag, my team leader has gone missing, swapped with another from the latest update.

Rumours saying that Niantic is considering merging yellow/red, or allowing a one time team switching to tackle the team imbalances. Maybe they should introduce Team Rocket! Now who wouldn't wanna be part of that dynamic duo?

Guest Poke Dot

Trainers,

As part of our ongoing celebration of Pokémon GO’s one-year anniversary, we’re excited to reveal that Legendary Pokémon are nearly here! Soon, millions of Trainers around the world will be able to discover, battle, and catch these extremely rare and very powerful Pokémon.

As Trainers around the world go out and explore their neighborhoods in search of Pokémon and Raid Battles, they can keep an eye out for unique Legendary Eggs appearing at Gyms. If Trainers and their team are able to successfully defeat a Legendary Raid Boss, they’ll have the opportunity to catch a Legendary Pokémon of their own! While Legendary Pokémon will help them take on the toughest Raid Bosses and Gym Battles, they’re not willing to leave their Trainer’s side, so they can’t be left to defend Gyms.

On July 22, thousands of Trainers in Grant Park for Pokémon GO Fest and the millions of others around the world will be working together to unlock in-game bonuses for the entire Pokémon GO community. If they manage to catch enough Pokémon during the Pokémon GO Fest Challenge Windows, the first Legendary Pokémon will be revealed in Grant Park. If the Trainers in Chicago succeed in defeating the Legendary Pokémon, that Pokémon will start appearing in Raid Battles around the world, after Pokémon GO Fest.

Trainers everywhere can tune in to watch the action taking place in Grant Park live and join in the conversation using #PokemonGOFest on social media. Follow the official livestream on Twitch or YouTube for the latest news coming out of Pokémon GO Fest including Challenge Window updates, exclusive interviews, and the reveal of the first Legendary Pokémon!

It’s time for Trainers everywhere to start powering up their Pokémon for battle because there are many legendary adventures to come!

—The Pokémon GO team

On 20/07/2017 at 0:49 PM, Cube3 said:

Wow couldn't access forum yesterday.. care to share route? Didn't know MBS got similar circuit :) 

12 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Wow couldn't access forum yesterday.. care to share route? Didn't know MBS got similar circuit :) 

Therez an abundance of stops around MB, though right in front along the boardwalk is the favourite stretch and when the cherryblossom flower, the effects overlap, generating an incredible spawn. If wanna walk/jog circuit can, but I expect right the stops where water show takes place to produce non-stop. In the past, I could just stand still and catch non-stop for a few hours...

I just realised the catch only needs to take place over half hour at midnight. Maybe no need to walk too much...just stand for half hour and catch?  P.S. map below has not been updated with new gyms, but general pokestop positions are more or less there...

mbs pokestops.jpg

Edited by Cube3

Guest guest

https://www.pokemongolive.com/en/post/gosummerevents

Meanwhile, Trainers outside of Chicago will attempt to catch as many Pokémon as possible during the Challenge Windows to extend the duration of the bonuses unlocked by those attending the event. If Trainers around the world catch enough Pokémon, a mystery challenge will be unveiled in Grant Park that, once completed, will unlock an extra-special bonus across the globe. Trainers everywhere will want to grab their friends and family to help make this the biggest celebration in Pokémon GO’s history!

Pokémon GO

Singapore can just catch.  1am-4am.

28 minutes ago, not_a_runner said:

The Pokemon GO Fest is happening in Chicago on Saturday, which means about Sunday over here? Haven't done the calculation to convert to exact local time yet.

Chicago is -13 hours behind SG time.... so looks like the event starts at 11am Chicago time which is 0000 Singapore time... thats really late tonight lol.

2 hours ago, not_a_runner said:

The Pokemon GO Fest is happening in Chicago on Saturday, which means about Sunday over here? Haven't done the calculation to convert to exact local time yet.

Do take note the timings in Singapore time are: tonight 12 midnight, 2am, 4am. The 1am slot has been shifted to 2am. Virile balls should not be wasted!;)

Guest Poke Dot

Niantic Support,

Trainers, we're currently investigating an issue which is causing Raid Bosses to be more difficult to defeat.

Might wanna hold off any raid attacks today.

Event wasn't really a success due to technical issue. But heard that legendary Lugia will be released. Since.team mystic caught the most Pokémon, Articuno will also be released :) 

Edited by Coolbriz

Guest Poke Dot

Glitches mar Chicago Pokemon Go Fest at Grant Park, CEO apologizes

Grant Park was overrun Saturday with thousands of people who came out for Chicago’s Pokemon Go Fest, but technical glitches marred the proceedings, held to celebrate the popular game’s one-year anniversary.

“I know that some of you guys have had trouble getting logged on this morning, and I wanted to let you know that we’re working with the cell companies — AT&T, Sprint, Verizon — trying to get that worked out,” John Hanke, the chief executive officer of Niantic, Inc., which released Pokemon Go in July 2016, told the crowd at the lakefront park.

“And we’re working on the game server to get that worked out,” Hanke said. “Please be patient with us.”

Hanke’s comments were greeted by boos.

“I didn’t expect it to go well,” said one man attending the festival, who said he was surprised anyway that the company hadn’t brought in more equipment to beef up cell coverage at the park.

A Niantic representative said the company would be giving people $100 in Pokecoins — the online currency that can be spent in the game and refunding the $20 admission fees. That announcement was greeted by cheers.

“This is obviously not the way we had the day planned,” the company representative said.

But some were sure to be out of luck getting back what they paid. After tickets for the event sold out within minutes of their June release, some people were offering theirs on eBay for as much as $400.

Most days, Joe Torres is a student at the University of Illinois at Chicago, studying computer science. On Saturday, he was Charmander Lives in Westchester, seen here holding War Turtle. Torres says he showed up without a ticket and that someone spotted how he was dressed and gave him a wristband. | John O’Neill / Sun-Times

Hanke promised that the company was “going to get things going with the servers and the networks.”

After he spoke, there was supposed to be a livestream of the event on Twitch or YouTube. — but technical difficulties derailed that, too.

“I wanna talk to some of you out there who might not have been able to connect,” a Niantic spokeswoman told the crowd. “We hear you. Don’t worry. We’re working on it.”

Pokémon Go players in line for trainer-level badges. | Max Herman / Sun-Times

About an hour later, Mike Quigley, Niantic’s chief marketing officer, offered an update, saying a service provider was trying to “pump in some more bandwidth” and that the company was trying to fix problems with crashing and authentication.

“We’re working on it,” Quigley said.

But problems with the livestream continued.

At one point, Quigley told AT&T customers to move closer to a cell tower near the northeast end of Grant Park and suggested everyone try using Wi-Fi.

“I don’t know if it’ll work for everybody, but we are seeing some success with that,” he said.

Stephen Whatley and his son Jack from Rogers, Arkansas, at the Pokémon Go Fest. | Max Herman / Sun-Times

The Pokemon Go Fest was the first official live event held by the creators of the popular augmented reality game Pokemon Go, offering the promise that “Legendary Pokemon” monsters that are “extremely rare and very powerful” would be unleashed.

Making a Pikachu sighting at Grant Park.

Because of the problems, organizers allowed players to leave the park and still be able to find the rare Pokemon creatures that were supposed to be available only there. The boundaries were expanded to a two-mile radius that’s now supposed to be in effect through Monday morning.

After that announcement, some left the park and could be seen wandering around the South Loop, gazing at their phones as they played the game.

Guest Poke Dot
2 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Event wasn't really a success due to technical issue. But heard that legendary Lugia will be released. Since.team mystic caught the most Pokémon, Articuno will also be released :) 

Released liao, go catch 'em all!

Guest Poke Dot

Trainers,

As a result of all the hard work put in during Pokémon GO Fest, incredible in-game bonuses were unlocked for the entire Pokémon GO community. Also, thanks to the Trainers around the world who banded together to catch millions of Pokémon during the Challenge Windows, the following rewards will last until Monday, July 24, at 5:00 P.M. PDT:

40 minutes ago, 4evaboring said:

i caught a tier 2 lugia, another lugia flee damn... the catch rate is very low, my friends didnt manage to catch any of the 2 lugia we went to wack.

Lucky you! I didnt manage to catch the Articuno today. They seem to be very common today, appearing all over SG. Not as common as lugia though...

10 minutes ago, Sibelius said:

Lucky you! I didnt manage to catch the Articuno today. They seem to be very common today, appearing all over SG. Not as common as lugia though...

kinda lucky caught it with the last premier ball, lugia was the main event so it is normal for it to be less common compared to articuno.