Male HQ

Google Country Redirecting Errors

Guest Misdirected

Guest Misdirected

Anyone having this issue where google keeps redirecting main page from google.com.sg to google.co.id? ie. location is redirected from Singapore to Indonesia. What is frustrating is the language swaps to indonesian/malay instead of English and every search ends up in the foreign language. I've tried clearing cache, deleting cookies, reset homepage to google.com/ncr and even using precise location, yet nothing works. Weird is that this is happening on different laptops, different ISP (Starhub and Singtel) and from home to work.

Guest Misdirected

Nope, not signed in to Google account. It was strange cos everything was perfectly fine before but past two days this just suddenly happened on both my laptops - mac laptop that I use at home (Starhub broadband), and win laptop that I use at work (Singtel Wifi from iphone).

Just did a check and Google detects my internet address is in Indonesia, when I click precise location, it states location unavailable.

Guest Misdirected

Thanks, was searching for such a page to lodge a report but the google help links got nowhere, the foreign language didn't help either. Bummer it may take a month for them to resolve this tho'.

3 hours ago, Guest Misdirected said:

Thanks, was searching for such a page to lodge a report but the google help links got nowhere, the foreign language didn't help either. Bummer it may take a month for them to resolve this tho'.

Hmmm, curious...might it be some wifi/data connection mix-up e.g. your location is near Indonesia? Perhaps your router is being hijacked?

Guest Misdirected

But strange that tethering thru my iPhone's wifi also had this same issue on my windows laptop, and I'm in SG, never travel these past few months also.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.