Male HQ

Tokyo / Fukuoka / Sapporo (Japan ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

Guest 2727

Am going to Osaka for a conference from 3/5 to 6/5 and then staying over till 12/5 and take morning flight back from Osaka (Yes I should've bought a flight back from say Tokyo instead)... anyone has any suggestion re the itinerary after my conference? Gosh now I realize it's such a damn short trip... :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Would it make sense for a 20yo European looking guy to go alone to 24 kaikan in Tokyo? Or do most visitors not have any attention of non Asian types?

Guest Guest2

Would it make sense for a 20yo European looking guy to go alone to 24 kaikan in Tokyo? Or do most visitors not have any attention of non Asian types?

When will you be going?

Guest Guest

Don't hesitate, go!

You should enjoy.

Thanks Phil for your reply ;)

When will you be going?

I don't have an exact date yet, but will be in about two weeks..

You are welcome, Guest.

And don't forget that the three 24 kaikan have different specific customers (you should find that somewhere here).

But , even being non-Asian, you should be completely at ease in each one.

Have a nice trip!

Guest Guest2

Thanks Phil for your reply ;)

I don't have an exact date yet, but will be in about two weeks..

Haha, i might be there around that time too.

Guest Guest

Haha, i might be there around that time too.

Nice to hear! Are you from Europe too? I am a bit afraid to be the only Western looking guy in the building, don't know if I would feel comfortable with that :-D

Nice to hear! Are you from Europe too? I am a bit afraid to be the only Western looking guy in the building, don't know if I would feel comfortable with that :-D

You might not be alone...

And even in this case, don't worry, people can be very friendly there ;) .

Guest Guest2

Nope i'm not from Europe, but there are many non asians there, mostly much older though.

It really depends on what you like to see. Within Osaka, if you are into authentic japanese kitchen items or would like to visit the wholesale market at very good prices, you can go to Doguya Suji, near Namba. Of course, in Namba itself, it has neverending shopping and restaurants. The gay area is about 15 mins walk from the main train station.

Outside of Osaka, within 15 mins train ride, you can either visit Kyoto or Kobe.

I didn't manage to visit West Japan this time. (Just went in April)

But I got to visit it next year since I made a promise to visit my friend in Ashiya. And a Singaporean friend in Osaka.

Basically from my last trip to Osaka, the recommended places are these:

Namba

Dotombori

Shinsaibashi

Umeda

Osaka Castle

Osaka Aquarium

USJ

Outside Osaka, you can go to Kobe, Kyoto and Nara. Personally, I like Nara for the tranquil setting. It's about 45 minutes from Osaka station via Yamatoji Line express.

For a longer trip, I'll try to go to Hiroshima/Miyajima or Nagoya as they are not too far away by Shinkansen.(that is if you have the JR pass)

Haven't tried the gay area. Shall go there next time.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Take a short walk from from sanchome station towards nichome.

The whole area between Yasukuni Dori and Shinjuku Dori are concentrated with hundreds of gay bars, clubs, suana, bookshops, sex toy shops, love hotels etc.

Also, the smaller roads behind the Isetan Store are dotted with the same.

The best place to cruise is actually the not the bars but the bookshops! (my own experience)

Speaking the language certainly helps and being white certainly provide that surprise element.

Good luck to you.

I was so discreet that I actually wore a flu mask at the bookshops. Maybe they thought I was kind of sick so I didn't get cruised.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

I heard from some blogs that Western-looking guys may not really get approached but there is definitely a market out there.

Like how some guys may follow you. :blink:

And here are just some pictures of 2-chome which I took last month. Hope it ain't too big.

DSC_0107.JPGDSC_0108.JPG

The photo on the right is a pxxn video shop. So many hot guys...and preview videos.

If my head lost control, I'd have bought a bunch of them.

The shop owner is very hot. Tanned and muscular.

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0110.JPGDSC_0111.JPGDSC_0113.JPG

Last picture being the all-famous 24 Kaikan. :whistle:

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just came across your post, I see there are no replies.

I used to live in Fukuoka, like 10 years ago (!), but not much has changed in terms of gay life from what I know.

Haruyoshi/Sumiyoshi neighborhood

1) 90-100% of gay bars, hatten-ba (sexclubs), and the like are in one smallish neighborhood, about a 10-minute walk from Hakata station, which is a main office area, and maybe 20-25 minutes walk from Tenjin (the main shopping area). Most hotels are in those 2 areas, too. Also like 5-10 minutes south of Canal City, a cool shopping mall.

2) Hatten-ba are small, usually in one small house. Look online for current good ones. Maybe Utopia?

3) Bars are mostly the tiny, "su-nack-u" type places--snack/bars, with karaoke, and each tiny bar (there are probably 30-40 of them in this neighborhood) has its own "type"--muscle, chubby, twink, etc.

jguyusguy is another site that might have info if you email a few of the guys there... they should speak some English.

Good luck!

Guest guest

Just came back from Tokyo, visited the 24 kaikan in Ueno. Was like an awkward penguin since it was my first time ever to visit a gay sauna. Didn't know what ethics to follow or do to get what you want though. But all in all, it was good fun experience. Went there on Wed afternoon, there's like 20++ men. Would want to visit them again.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guestsss

24 kaikan ueno. went there on a friday a couple weeks ago. got there around 9pm. went in the shower with glory hole. guy went in next to me right away. he sucked me off, then came in my shower for a while. told him later then went in the steam room. 2 guys fxxking in there so went back to the glory hole shower another guy sucked me off then came in my shower stall for a while. went upstairs to the dark room layed down and 4 men came to me. one fxxked me. got up and left after that. there were not many people there. when i left at around midnight there was a line of 20 people waiting to get in. i am guessing around midnight friday is the start of the crowds arrival.

if you want someone to top you just lay down and wait in the bunks or tatami rooms. if you want to top almost anyone laying down can be approached. just kneel down next to them and start touching them if they are not interested they will let you know. another time i went i started touching a man laying on his back. his cock got hard and i sucked it. it was a decent size and had a real nice big cock head. i sat right on it. it became a long session that someone else joined briefly.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, Hiroshima and Miyajima were really enjoyable when I visited Nov last year. Hiroshima has a 24 Kaikan (but the bath area is small and dilapidated) there's a gay cinema nearby (check address at Utopia) which was still running. It had kinky posters, that's how you know the cinema is for men only...but a bit pricey, so I didn't try to see what it was like inside.

Miyajima had incredible grilled oysters! - until now am still dreaming about it, along the shopping streets, and anago eel which is a Hiroshima specialty. Both destinations made my trip very memorable...! :)

• 1 month later...

Scoot is flying to Tokyo soon. Anyone looking forward for that?

Yes, keen to go to Tokyo too. Never been there. if it is direct flight, very tired. 8-9 hours in the plane. If there is 1 stop ( in Taiwan, manilla), we may consider spend 1-2 nights there before continue heading to Tokyo. This way not so tired . Maybe 4 + 4 hrs ?

• 2 weeks later...

How about Osaka? Any recommendation?

Visited Hokuokan in May '12. One of the worst experience ever.

Japanese generally do not welcome gaijin (foreigners) and most saunas reject them upfront.

HKK however, do take gaijins, but oh...the crowd was terrible. Santa clauses everywhere, like those in Aussie, I guess the sauna culture is totally different overseas. Coming back, I appreciate our sauna culture, with proper facilities and decent guys.

Wasted time & money.

Didn't manage to check out their clubs. They do not club on Friday (its a company social night for them), they party on Sat, so make sure you have a Sat.

Check out PHYSIQUE, Jack in the Box, these are the 2 clubs I found, but didn't get to party at. =(((

Note these are for OSAKA.

I speculate Tokyo would be much better in terms of gay-scene...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Will be going to Japan for holiday during the CNY period

Will be spending 3 days in Tokyo and then another 4 days in Sapporo for the snow festival.

I'm trying to find a ryokan in Sapporo with outdoor hot spring bath, any good recommendation?

Any interesting and happening places in Sapporo to recommend please.

• 2 weeks later...

Otaru is worth a day trip, Hakodate has got a great nit view from the hill top, but you will need to stay overnight

Sapporo itself is quite boring, mainly just to eat and shop a bit.

Hot spring baths are out of Sapporo, you can find them around the lake toya

Hokkaido is really to eat the superb seafood(if you like uni, you are in heaven)

Yes, the night view from hilltop of Hakodate is one of the three best night views in the view. Wear gloves and thick jacket as it can get really cold up there, with the wind blowing.

Otaru is very romantic along Otaru canal, with candles placed inside votives made from ice.

Thanks guys for your replies.

Will be staying in the Nakamuraya Ryoken for 3 nites, incl breakfast for 2 pax - only about $160/nite.

Also will be taking day trip out of Sapparo to the Hoheikyo Onsen and and a night over at Otaru.

And I was told not to miss the Alaskan crabs while in Sapporo.

Already got my Timberland boots waterproofed again, goosedown jacket drycleaned, long johns and other accessories all washed and ready to go.....

Still waiting for some feedback on happening places from you guys here.

As the temperatures could be around freezing point , hopefully you can bring a weatherproof camera along. Removing gloves for half a minute to take photos and your hands can already feel numb from the cold. See if you could have thicker thermal pants as the usual thermal pants and jeans might not be sufficient if you are more than 30 minutes outside.

Susikino is the night life area of Sapporo. Perhaps can google and see what it offers.

Yes, try the crabs. I tried snow crab and it was good.

The crabs!! they have three types of crabs: taraba-gani (Alaskan/Hokkaido king crab: most expensive and the biggest, juiciest and 'baddest' mother of all crabs), zuwai-gani (smaller than taraba-gani, but still tasty and juicy), and hairy crab (my least favorite, but others may like it). It's a must when you visit Sapporo.

Try this restaurant - Ebi Kani Gassen (えびがに合戦) http://www.ebikani.co.jp, it offers a 90-min buffet all-you-can-eat crabs, and it receives a lot of foreigners so it offers an English menu. It's a short walk from Susukino station, at the 12th floor of F-45 building.

Also, Sapporo is famous for its Genghis Khan (lamb BBQ, and Hokkaido's lambs are superb!). You can try it at Sapporo Beer Garden (サッポロビール園) http://www.sapporo-bier-garten.jp located inside Sapporo Beer Museum. Same system - buffet all-you-can-eat.

Have fun!

I find the crabs boring & expensive, but thats just me...

The thing to whack is uni, and the shellfish varieties.

Tip for seafood, is that you need not go the high class restaurants, there is a Nijo seafood market (nearest subway is Odori), where you can shop for fresh seafood, and some of this shops have a basic cafe inside, which serves the seafood fresh from their stall, and the price is 30-50% cheaper than restaurants.. don't expect ambience

CNY period also can go see Otaru canal light-up...

I also recommend Sapporo Cross hotel, price is reasonable, location is central, hotel is modern.

Edited by bailey

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HomeStay

i'm planning for a trip end of this year, probably nov/dec. when it is autumn, the weather will be just nice :wub:

Has anyone tried homestay in tokyo before?, any nice recommendations?

or any budget hotel? would prefer places around Yamanote line though.

• G_M changed the title to Tokyo / Fukuoka / Sapporo (Japan ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.