Male HQ

Tokyo / Fukuoka / Sapporo (Japan ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

Guest 2727

darkflame, I am flying to Tokyo for biz. Also want to extend for my own leisure at the end.

Any good value for money place to recommend

I am thinking of trying those tube hotels for one night at least. You think it is a good idea.

Got recommendations ?

In return , I can help you carry over Singaporean things if you need.

I've been staying in Shibuya area for the past visits in Tokyo (Shibuya Excel Hotel) and I really liked it there because of the location. You can take the Airport Limousine from Narita straight to the hotel and it's in the heart of Shibuya where you easily walk to the shopping area or JR station. If you're lucky, you may get a room facing the Shibuya shopping area too (the famous cross road at Tetsuya bookstore).

I am thinking of trying those tube hotels for one night at least. You think it is a good idea.

Got recommendations ?

Actually I have not stayed at a capsule hotel but I think the one at Akihabara looks cool.

However, one recommended me a capsule hotel at Ueno. Kind of forgot the name...

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest Guest

darkflame, I am flying to Tokyo for biz next week. Also want to extend for my own leisure at the end.

Got recommendations ?

Waaa.. darkflame-san going to replenish Singaporean stuff. Such a nice and helpful fellow Singaporean.

Peter-san,  there are a couple I know of that you can try. One more atas than the other.

Firstly, the one in Akihabara. First Cabin. I think you can book this through Agoda or Rakuten. The accomodation is slightly larger than normal capsules are is more like actual motel rooms hence the more expensive than normal capsule hotels. If you are going to be there on the weekend, I suggest booking in advance as it gets very popular over the weekend. It might even be booked out now.

http://www.first-cabin.jp.e.jr.hp.transer.com/locationlist/akihabara.html

Secondly, the one in Ueno. I personally prefer this as firstly it is right in the middle of Ameyoko. Lots of food shops and shopping available. But it does get a bit smoky. All of the 7th floor and all sleeping areas are non smoking. Unfortunately, there is a smoking area just as you get onto each floor and the smoke from the lower floors travel up to the 7th floor.  I have tried the place and it is clean and safe and comfortable. Note that if you have a suitcase, you can choose to either leave it in the area where other people leave their suitcases or you can lock the suitcase at the nearest trainstation, Ueno. Note that the area where people leave their suitcase is not secure. Many travellers seem to not have an issue with leaving their large suitcases in that area but I chose to lock mine at Ueno train station. Ueno train station is about a 500m walk away and the lockers are 500 yen per day, a day ending at midnight i.e. if you use the locker before midnite today and retrieve the bag anytime before midnite tomorrow, it will cost you 500 x 2 days = 1000 yen.  The lockers provide in the capsule hotel is about 30cm wide and 70cm tall. There are 3 capsule hotels belonging to the same chain. The one above the pachinko place is the largest. Dont worry about the pachinko place - you cant hear it at all from the capsule hotel. Best of all, this capsule place is within walking distance of 24Kaikan Ueno :).  Also, there is no need to book on the net as there are always places available as the place is large. Ask for the 7th floor if you are not a smoker. I dont know if they still have a special but when I was there, if you showed your passport, you got a 200yen or so discount per day. BTW, there are lots of trains from Ueno to Narita - another reason to stay thereabouts.

http://travel.rakuten.com/hotelinfo/14/78114/

Let me know if you need more info.

Guys, that help alot. My customer put my colleague and myself at the ShinjukuPrince for the first leg. They are paying :-) But for the extension, since I am paying myself, I am looking for CHEAPER hotel.

Is there a value for money hotel you recommend.

Guest Guest

Shinjuku Prince is near the gay area in Shinjuku-3-chome but if you think you can find the place without a map, you would be quite wrong. So, if you want to go there, research on the net back in Sg first.

If you want to stay in the Shinjuku area, hotel Lonestar is superconvenient but book early as it fills up really fast.

http://www.thehotel.co.jp/en/lonestar/

If you want to stay in Ueno, try the sister company Sutton Place

http://www.thehotel.co.jp/en/sutton_ueno/index.html

I personally prefer Non Smokers hotel, also in Ueno but book early if you want as this is another very popular hotel

http://www.nonsmokers.jp/en/

I stayed at Vessel Inn Iriya but that might be a bit out of the way for you. I liked the walk into Ueno

http://web.travel.rakuten.co.jp/portal/my/info_page_e.Eng?f_no=15314

But why dont you stay at the Capsule hotel too? I tried it out as I did not know what it was like but knowing now, I would have no issues staying there, cept for my suitcase.

For more adventure, try a Ryokan. I hear that the people running this outfit are very friendly. http://www.katsutaro.com/

Perhaps if you get to know darkflame well enough, he might invite you to camp at his place :).

Guest Guest

Went for a swim at Urayasu for the first time after I moved to Chiba.

The facility is huge and surprising, compared to Yokohama, the pool is olympic-sized.

Just that they have the occasional 'rest time' where all must exit the pool for 10 minutes for cleaning, and the admission fee is quite steep. (520 yen for 3 hours)

darkflame-san, talk is cheap :). Post pics please. Urayasu sounds very nice.

Considering travelling to Japan from the view of a tourist, I think it would be good to have convenient transport e.g. Narita Express, Limousine Bus etc. And not forgetting, hotels where the staff can speak proper English.

Personally, I used Expedia when I was booking some hotels outside Tokyo e.g. Utsunomiya.

And FYI, I stay in an area where it costs 500 yen for a one way trip to Tokyo station. Local train service will need you 43 minutes at least, and 37 minutes via rapid service.

darkflame-san, talk is cheap :). Post pics please. Urayasu sounds very nice.

Wish I could post some. Photography is not allowed at the pool.

You can't even bring your phone in!

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest Guest

Considering travelling to Japan from the view of a tourist, I think it would be good to have convenient transport e.g. Narita Express, Limousine Bus etc. And not forgetting, hotels where the staff can speak proper English.

Personally, I used Expedia when I was booking some hotels outside Tokyo e.g. Utsunomiya.

And FYI, I stay in an area where it costs 500 yen for a one way trip to Tokyo station. Local train service will need you 43 minutes at least, and 37 minutes via rapid service.

Wish I could post some. Photography is not allowed at the pool.

You can't even bring your phone in!

Now that most airlines are tending towards Haneda instead of Narita, getting to and from the airport is easier and cheaper. The same with accommodation near Haneda. In fact I think there is a massage place near Haneda which offers you a drop off at the airport, after the massage. Very enterprising.  Think there is one doing the same thing in Bkk too.

Thanks for note on the pool darkflame-san, shows that you have at least thought about it. Never mind, next time I can see for myself, when you bring me there :).

Aiyaa, no need place where staff can speak proper Engrish cos next time got darkflame-san guide mah :).

Guest Guest

I stayed in capsules years ago. Any recommended ones currently? Some do not welcome foreigners even if can communicate in Japanese and know what to do inside. (You must show ID when registering.) Your big suitcases should be parked in station or airport locker. The capsule will accept reasonable luggage but you don't want to drag huge bags up and down crowded subway stairs on the way to the capsule.

There are many hostels and guesthouses near Ueno. They should be cheaper than hotels. Any recommendations?

Now that most airlines are tending towards Haneda instead of Narita, getting to and from the airport is easier and cheaper. The same with accommodation near Haneda. In fact I think there is a massage place near Haneda which offers you a drop off at the airport, after the massage. Very enterprising.  Think there is one doing the same thing in Bkk too.

Thanks for note on the pool darkflame-san, shows that you have at least thought about it. Never mind, next time I can see for myself, when you bring me there :).

Aiyaa, no need place where staff can speak proper Engrish cos next time got darkflame-san guide mah :).

I never knew there was a post-massage airport service near Haneda.

But for a tourist, I don't think you would to spend your precious time to swim.

Of the two pools I went to, both had signs which were mainly monolingual.

For foreigners who want to swim, they must be able to understand and read Japanese.

If you don't go to places where Japanese speak good English, they will feel sad.

They went through hard efforts to learn the language properly...

I stayed in capsules years ago. Any recommended ones currently? Some do not welcome foreigners even if can communicate in Japanese and know what to do inside. (You must show ID when registering.) Your big suitcases should be parked in station or airport locker. The capsule will accept reasonable luggage but you don't want to drag huge bags up and down crowded subway stairs on the way to the capsule.

There are many hostels and guesthouses near Ueno. They should be cheaper than hotels. Any recommendations?

Capsules were not too welcoming of foreigners in the past.

Many people notice that times are changing so more and more places are tolerant of foreigners. (tolerant, not accepting)

Even many foreigners are working at companies in Japan now.

Rakuten Travel has a few good places to choose from...

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest Guest

I never knew there was a post-massage airport service near Haneda.

But for a tourist, I don't think you would to spend your precious time to swim.

Of the two pools I went to, both had signs which were mainly monolingual.

For foreigners who want to swim, they must be able to understand and read Japanese.

If you don't go to places where Japanese speak good English, they will feel sad.

They went through hard efforts to learn the language properly...

Capsules were not too welcoming of foreigners in the past.

Many people notice that times are changing so more and more places are tolerant of foreigners. (tolerant, not accepting)

Even many foreigners are working at companies in Japan now.

Rakuten Travel has a few good places to choose from...

Wasting time to swim, yes of course not but this is different, it is swimming with darkflame-san mah! :).

Well, the older generation read English not too badly and probably write it passably. The younger generation probably do it all better. What might be a difference is that the younger generation have little or no hangup about using it and possibly getting it wrong,

Re tolerance or acceptance, I think a lot depends on how other patrons of the place behave. I heard that Dandy Capsule hotel can turn down foreigners sometimes. There were no issues with Oriental Capsule. When I was there, there were locals, a few people from Taiwan and a few guys from Guam who were in town for a Judo tournament.  They were obviously tolerant or accepting of foreigners as they gave a 200yen discount to anyone with a foreign passport. Dont know if it was a business move though as they have lots of beds to fill.

This is the massage place near Haneda, darkflame-san.

http://www.heiwajima-onsen.jp/en/price.html

Actually the younger generation has a poorer attitude towards learning English.

Many just learn it because it's cool.

The main culprits are those who think American English is the only English standard to learn and everyone can talk like the standard.

And as for paddle up, I stay in Chiba. I have a direct link to Hatchobori via rail.

What does your brother do? Not IT right?

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Thought I'd just share some of my experiences since it will be close to two months since I came to Tokyo.

You can see it as a voluntary contribution to the Yokoso Japan campaign.

IMG_20140411_103711.jpg

First day in Japan on 11th April 2014. Runway at Narita Airport, with tons of JAL planes.

Felt a little disconnected that day since I came to terms that Singapore was no longer my first home.

IMG_20140412_165103.jpg

Passed a Singapore pub which I have failed to go to ever since I first saw it in 2012.

If you guys are interested, it's in Roppongi. Just take the route from Roppongi to Azabu Juban by foot.

You can also see the Singapore embassy at Azabu Juban too.

IMG_20140412_234133.jpg

Japan is pretty strict on garbage disposal but that doesn't deter the foreign residents from testing the system.

Most residents here come from a country we all know well but shall not be named here.

IMG_20140413_202158.jpg

Temporary apartment in Yokohama which meant I had to squeeze into a tiny room.

Got used to the squeeziness after a while.

IMG_20140417_191223+(black).jpg

Transport in Japan is indeed expensive and beats all hands down.

Received my commuter pass in order to save on commuting.

IMG_20140418_204227.jpg

Rainy night on Good Friday. Perfect for the night though it was 8 degrees.

IMG_20140420_204250.jpg

Roppongi Hills. One of the best places to go to if you are worried about the language barrier.

Roppongi is famous as a place where Japanese can actually speak English, other than the airport and tourist spots.

IMG_20140427_183326.jpg

Rainbow Pride Parade at Yoyogi Park.

Was given a brochure to attend the after party but I wanted to save money.

IMG_20140430_125059.jpg

Rainy day near my office. It does rain a lot actually, compared to what I used to think when I was in Japan as a tourist.

IMG_20140502_071645.jpg

Waiting for my morning commute.

Contrary to belief, not every railway line in Tokyo is as crazy as what you see on YouTube or Facebook.

Some trains have capacity only as full as the NEL during the morning.

Japanese also do not move into the middle of the carriage unless it's getting too crowded.

IMG_20140504_194047.jpg

Dirty water leakage in the underground. 

Photo taken at Shimbashi station, Yokosuka line platform.

Such undergrounds do make Tokyo like a cyberpunk city.

IMG_20140505_122313.jpg

Brought a friend (AJ) to Kamakura. It was my first time to see Kamakura, despite going to Japan so many times.

He's a pretty nice chap.

I'm sure he'll find a good guy eventually in Singapore.

IMG_20140512_211425.jpg

MUJIfying my stuff.

Having a MUJI spone and bowl. Two items off my bucket list.

IMG_20140516_190342.jpg

Tokyo Tower during the magic hour. Still the best tower.

IMG_20140517_132346.jpg

Attended a concert for gay men at Nakano.

Classical concert that reminded me of events at the Esplanade.

IMG_20140518_185858.jpg

IKEA near my home in Chiba. 16 minutes by local service, 10 minutes by rapid service.

Definitely bigger than IKEA Alexandra or Tampines.

Inside, it doesn't feel like Japan except for the language spoken.

Popular with many foreigners though.

IMG_20140521_190054.jpg

Sunset in central Tokyo.

IMG_20140524_130650.jpg

Inage beach. Apparently the cruisiest beach in Japan. 23 minutes walk from my place.

A guy in his indies was suntanning.

IMG_20140527_080749.jpg

On this day, the weather reported 'mist'. 

It was so foggy that it shrouded the tops of buildings.

IMG_20140530_211515.jpg

Last but not least, IRAS still cares about me!

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest Guest

Thought I'd just share some of my experiences since it will be close to two months since I came to Tokyo.

You can see it as a voluntary contribution to the Yokoso Japan campaign.

Thanks so much for sharing, darkflame-san. Very interesting pics. What does Yokoso mean?

Dirty water leakage in the underground. 

Ah yes, Tokyo looks and feels uber clean but of course like any other major city, it has its share of maintenance problems. Tourists never really see them esp in a city like Tokyo where one keeps looking up (at the buildings) instead of down.

MUJIfying my stuff.

Having a MUJI spone and bowl. Two items off my bucket list.

Seeing the bowl is so funny after seeing the pic of the Daibotsu. The bowl looks like one of the bowls buddhist monks would carry, hahaha.

Inage beach. Apparently the cruisiest beach in Japan. 23 minutes walk from my place.

A guy in his indies was suntanning.

6 million yen question. Did you 'tan' with him too? :twisted:

Really nice feature photo! Haha that IRAS thingy cracks me up. You will have no income in spore, so next year no need to pay spore tax.

Aside, next year around feb, you can submit for tax refund in Japan. I'll share with you tomorrow :P

Ah good good, doddy-san is sharing his sex ... err... I mean tax secrets with you ;)

Really nice feature photo! Haha that IRAS thingy cracks me up. You will have no income in spore, so next year no need to pay spore tax.

Aside, next year around feb, you can submit for tax refund in Japan. I'll share with you tomorrow :P

I think I like the photo of Roppongi Hills the best. It turned out well.

Yeah, I'm completely off tax in Singapore; the letter was for my income tax in 2013.

Will check with you on the tax refund later.

See ya at Harajuku later!

Yokoso means 'welcome'.

Basically the same old campaign running by JTB to promote Japan to the world.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

I hopped onto scoot and just checked in to a capsule Inn at Shinhuku. It is 4200 yen per night. About SGD 53.

I left my luggage at the train station and checked in with a night bag. The bath is communal style. Saw guy doing some cruising.

Internet WiFi is free. I will try to post some pics of the capsule later or over the weekend.

Now going for dinner and then to check out 24 Kaikan Shingjuku.

Guest Guest

I hopped onto scoot and just checked in to a capsule Inn at Shinhuku. It is 4200 yen per night. About SGD 53.

I left my luggage at the train station and checked in with a night bag. The bath is communal style. Saw guy doing some cruising.

Internet WiFi is free. I will try to post some pics of the capsule later or over the weekend.

Now going for dinner and then to check out 24 Kaikan Shingjuku.

Wow Hendry. Hope you are having a great time. Not meeting Darkflame-san? Or you might meet him in 24Kaikan Shinjuku without knowing it is him! :).  After you have vacated, please let us know which capsule inn. Pics very appreciated as I have thought of staying there myself. 4200 is actually quite atas as most are around 2500 to 3000.

Also, please tell us about Scoot. If I am not too wrong, it goes to Taipei first and then Osaka and then Tokyo? That would make travelling time a bit longer - was it ok? I think you head back to Singapore like that too.

Guest scoot

Scoot has a one hour stop over at Taipei for the Singapore to Tokyo flight. And a two hour stopover at Taipei for the Tokyo to Singapore flight.

Actually today is the beginning of the rainy season in Japan so I decided to head home after work.

My entire suit is damp from the rain.

If it wasn't raining, I'd have gone to Arty Farty or something.

So yeah, Hendry will definitely not bump into me at 24 Kaikan Shinjuku and he's spoilt for choices with many Japanese boys!

(Besides, what is the point of meeting another Singaporean when you can meet tons of them after your holiday?)

4200 yen per night is okay if it is in Shinjuku.

If you want to stay in a hotel there, it's gonna be 5000 yen and above.

I paid 6000 yen for one night once at a hotel smack in the middle of Nichome. (And it rained that night.)

Scoot doesn't go to Osaka, but Jetstar does.

I think the one hour stopover in Taipei was fair enough.

Will be taking the Tokyo-Singapore leg in December when I return home for a week.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest 3outlets

24 Kaikan Shinjuku mainly caters to the younger. The Asakusa one caters to the younger. The Ueno one caters to the stocky and chubs. If one is older, lower chance of getting into action at Shinjuku one, unless one is just contented to look at the actions going on, mostly in very dim light.

Guest 3outlets

24 Kaikan Shinjuku mainly caters to the younger. The Asakusa one caters to the younger. The Ueno one caters to the stocky and chubs. If one is older, lower chance of getting into action at Shinjuku one, unless one is just contented to look at the actions going on, mostly in very dim light.

Guest Guest

Typo. The Asakusa one caters to the old. And by old, sometimes even to those in their 60's or 70's.

When I stepped into 24 Kaikan Shinjuku, I was dumbfounded when I saw boys fornicating in the common rooms in the dim light.

Anyway, besides the young, you got to look good.

If you look average or middle-of-the-ground like me, just be contented to look at the action going on.

If you want to have a cup of coffee with me... I am always free :-)

Interestingly, I just had a cup of coffee with a guy I at a cafe in Nichome just now.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest Guest

Hendry doing a blitzkrieg among the 24kaikan. Just left the Ueno branch :-) Moving out to Hakone. Will post trip reports when I have time pocket. Need some nap.

Hahaha, sounds like Hendry is having a ball ... errr.. make that a few balls, in Tokyo.  Hakone next. Good Hendry and yes, please post reports when able. Hope the rest of your trip is just as much fun. 

Guest Guest

Coffee shops in Shibuya are always crowded. More so during weekends... How about around Tokyo Stn or Shimbashi?

Wow, sounds like darkflame-sans move to Tokyo has brought out all the hidden gay Singaporean coffee drinkers.

Hope you have fun guys - please share your experiences, sexual or otherwise.  Rainingbear and Tokyo n00b we have not heard from or of.

Trip Report to Tokyo Shinjuku Capsule Inn

Price: 4,200Yen/Night (SGD 53)
Book-Online Price: 2,900 Yen/Night (SGD 37) at agoda.com,booking.com,expedia.com,hotel.com
Address: Touyo Bldg.3F, 1-2-5 Kabukicho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Tel : 03-3232-1110 (24-hour reception / Opens 365 days a year)
Check-In: 4 pm
Check-Out: 10 am next day

I have traveled to Tokyo/Shinjuku before and decided to try something different this trip.
Deposited my suitcase in Lockers at Shinjuku JR (Japan-Rail) Station. I relied on GoogleMaps to navigate myself to CapsuleInn. Google said I was on location but I could not see it until I looked up and saw the signboard that it is on 3-8 Floor.

Reception is on 3rd floor, counter staff can speak English as CapsuleInn serves cosmopolitan client.

Out of the lift, take off your shoes and lock it into the Shoe-Locker. Pass the shoe-locker key to the counter. Register and they gave me my Capsule-Number and a Cloths-Locker. It is a hotel so you can enter/leave as you like. But you need to leave the Cloths-Locker-Key at the reception when you leave the premise.

Note that you can leave your luggage at the open shelves next to the shoe-locker too. But this is at your own risk.

capsuleInn_a.jpg
These are pictures of the Cloths-Locker. I locked my clothings and night-bag there initially.
I went to look for my assigned capsule on the upper floor to check it out.
capsuleInn_2.jpg
Capsule are the height of double-decker beds with "stairs" you can climb onto the upper capsule.
No door / lock for the capsule. Only a curtain that you lower when you sleep.

capsuleInn_1.jpg
From the inside view with the curtain lowered. When sleeping I kept my night-bag with me as my valuables were inside.
The TV overhead shows Japanese programmes. Includes a straight porn channel :-)

capsuleInn_3.jpg
Capsule equipped with One Pillow + Blanket. Notice the side panel to control Lights/TV. There is a power socket too for handphone charging.
The capsule walls are made of hard-plastic like those cabin in cruise ships.

High enough to sit up to read, use laptop, sex doggy style but it isn't soundproof.
Internet Wifi access is Quck and Free. (For some reason my iPad could not connect but my PC was OK)

capsuleInn_4.jpg

Lounge where you can eat and watch TV.
There are coin operated washing machines/dryers and vending machines for instant noodles, sushi,snacks,hot and cold drinks.

capsuleInn_b.jpg

Back to the Cloths-Locker downstairs, I changed out into the provided "kimono".

Took the provided towel and went to the communal bath area. For guys who have gone to saunas/bath house, it is the same. Everyone bath naked and no enclosures. They provide bottled Shiseido brand shampoo, body and face soap free. Disposable toothbrush and shavers too.

Verdict:
I slept well but I did notice my neighbour snoring at about 5am.
I was worried that the capsules will feel claustrophobic but it wasn't a problem at all.
Generally comfortable and it turned out much better than I expected.

Guest action

Thanks Hendry for the capsule hotel review. Looking forward to your review of the 24 kaikan's, especially on the actions you have seen or tataken part in. And which is your favorite kaikan.

Guest Paddy

Thanks Hendry for the capsule hotel review. Looking forward to your review of the 24 kaikan's, especially on the actions you have seen or tataken part in. And which is your favorite kaikan.

Hendry

Any action at the capsule hotels ?

Hendry

Any action at the capsule hotels ?

I was squeezing time to go 24Kaikan Shinjuku that day. So I did not loiter in CapsuleInn.

But as I wrote above, the bathing area is bathhouse communal style. There were alot of naked man bathing and dipping in the pool. I sensed some eye moments but didn't explore further.

I attached a youtube clip on some of the ways to enter a bathhouse. For guys who have never step into a bathhouse, see the do/don't of using the communal bath which I briefly wrote above. Applies to 24Kaikan too.

I didnt club back in Singapore so im new to clubbing scene in this circle. Last night darkflame, me & a jap friend went to arty farty. I found the crowd friendly, no drama queen - cold look people. A rather cute guy asked for my name & had a chat on dance floor, but we left not long after that. And another guy pinched my butt 2 times :P I definitely begin to like the clubbing scene here :)

Guest Guest

I didnt club back in Singapore so im new to clubbing scene in this circle. Last night darkflame, me & a jap friend went to arty farty. I found the crowd friendly, no drama queen - cold look people. A rather cute guy asked for my name & had a chat on dance floor, but we left not long after that. And another guy pinched my butt 2 times :P I definitely begin to like the clubbing scene here :)

Hahaha, doddysapta-san definitely going to start sprouting roots in Tokyo/Japan. Especially with darkflame-san being there. Ahem.

Wow, someone pinched your butt? For the Japanese, that is a huge move. I mean they do all kinds of kinky things in private but doing that in public is so huge! Assuming that that guy is Japanese, of course. Maybe Hendry-san pinched your butt! :)

Good good, sounds like you and darkflame-san have been enjoying yourselves. No wonder both of you have been so quiet and not posting much.

Haha, it was a great night out! I felt like a typical Singaporean there though. lol

There was a couple making out at Arty Farty too.

The DJ can do better with the remix.

Or maybe I'm just too impressed with DJ George Leong's music.  ;)

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest Guest

Haha, it was a great night out! I felt like a typical Singaporean there though. lol

There was a couple making out at Arty Farty too.

The DJ can do better with the remix.

Or maybe I'm just too impressed with DJ George Leong's music.  ;)

Did you try the Annex? If I am not too wrong, it is just around the corner and if you pay for Arty Farty, you get free entry to the Annex.

Not sure what you guys did but when I went, there was a guest group performing and whilst some people left before the trains stopped, some stayed till the trains started running again! It was fun. I certainly did not get any bad vibes from the locals but then again, I dont know if they knew I was not local. There was this one guy who stripped down to his g-string. I dont know if he was having fun or if he was drunk. Perhaps a bit of both. The place was packed, with most people heading out into the street to either cool down (it became very hot indoors) or to have a smoke.

Did you try the Annex? If I am not too wrong, it is just around the corner and if you pay for Arty Farty, you get free entry to the Annex.

Not sure what you guys did but when I went, there was a guest group performing and whilst some people left before the trains stopped, some stayed till the trains started running again! It was fun. I certainly did not get any bad vibes from the locals but then again, I dont know if they knew I was not local. There was this one guy who stripped down to his g-string. I dont know if he was having fun or if he was drunk. Perhaps a bit of both. The place was packed, with most people heading out into the street to either cool down (it became very hot indoors) or to have a smoke.

Since the Annex is the part where people go to after the official bar closes at 1, I guess it's free entry as long as you have the 'chop' on your hand. 

So far I have always went on Friday so it was a bit difficult for me to stay out unless I had a good expresso shot.

It does get hot indeed inside when there are many people.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• G_M changed the title to Tokyo / Fukuoka / Sapporo (Japan ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.