Male HQ

Have you encounter loser who uses other people photo on Grindr?

Guest kukula

Recently I chatted with this guy on Grindr and was suppose to meet him at his house but when I reached he blocked me . 

After asking around I realise that his exes used his photo on Grindr to sort of get revenge even on him by smearing his reputation . 

Geez

It's nothing new ... that's why you just need to put enough effort when arranging meetup with new guys (especially for first meet).

I always prefer meeting in public, that way can avoid any unwanted situations ... coffee or bubble tea usually always good choice.

Decide a place where convenient and you can do other things (shopping, go lunch, gym, sports) ... so not completely wasting time and effort.

of course, if you already plan for sex ... that's different case, go at your own risks.

• 1 year later...
Guest Try and See
On 12/2/2018 at 2:29 PM, Guest kukula said:

Recently I chatted with this guy on Grindr and was suppose to meet him at his house but when I reached he blocked me . 

After asking around I realise that his exes used his photo on Grindr to sort of get revenge even on him by smearing his reputation . 

Geez

I think most people there are posers

• 3 years later...

You wouldn't see those profiles people telling you "this guy is using another person's pictures. 

There are also people who send dick pics not being their own but from others...

I guess there is a lot of grey area in the dating apps. 

3 hours ago, doncoin said:

For people who catfish, my conclusion is they are not looking to meet with another person to hook up or engage in other activities. They want some attention because in real life, they probably are not receiving it. 

But there is a certain amount of catfishers who think the other guy is damn horny, travelled quite a distance, doesn't want to return empty handed and due to this deluded thinking hopes it will lead to sex. 

Another percentage just enjoys duping people. They receive self satisfaction by cheating others and enjoy when others are harmed. ( in traveling, making time, wasting a taxi trip etc)

I think catfish is worse 2nd will be using other people pic 3rd u knew your pics is old yet u still used it. Haha...4th they asked u to send first then blocked u or disappear....

These people right u must remember ah...we good enough to chat with u being direct n honest with u...but if u doing this kind of shit n crap...universe or karmic will teach u a valuable lesson which u cannot run away from....n u must accept or go thru it....as a spiritual person what goes around comes around is true...stop being fake. Dont be fucking egoistical rude n end it nicely. 

Be yourself or real is the best way for someone to be interested or curious about you....u cant force something to get what u want...u knew the outcome yet u do it....as if u trying your luck...that shows or say a lot about u...pretty sad n mental issues. 

There is a trend I've noticed with Grindr. It is mainly Asian guys, and unfortunately Chinese, who are looking to pull a scam. The photos of the guys tend to be very looking, and public, most don't have a private album, and the profile is usually one along the lines of seeking friendship, making friends, etc. nothing about looking for a hookup. Anyway after chatting with them for a while, a pattern emerges. Most are in their late 20s, or early 30s. They typically have their own small business, like fashion import, or something like that. They have an investment opportunity... 

Whenever I come across one, i will block them after realising they are scammers and report them. 

Love. 

3 hours ago, doncoin said:

There is a trend I've noticed with Grindr. It is mainly Asian guys, and unfortunately Chinese, who are looking to pull a scam. The photos of the guys tend to be very looking, and public, most don't have a private album, and the profile is usually one along the lines of seeking friendship, making friends, etc. nothing about looking for a hookup. Anyway after chatting with them for a while, a pattern emerges. Most are in their late 20s, or early 30s. They typically have their own small business, like fashion import, or something like that. They have an investment opportunity... 

Whenever I come across one, i will block them after realising they are scammers and report them. 

Just yesterday “just moved to Singapore. I’m in the whiskey trade”. I already sensed a red flag there

6 hours ago, doncoin said:

For all we know, these people who use fake photos etc. may be Nigerians running those fake love scams. 

I assume they could route their router to appear to be in Singapore while they are physically in Nigeria. 

Or perhaps they are physically in Singapore, renting a place to run their scams.

Guest Huh
1 hour ago, yhtang said:

For all we know, these people who use fake photos etc. may be Nigerians running those fake love scams. 

I assume they could route their router to appear to be in Singapore while they are physically in Nigeria. 

Or perhaps they are physically in Singapore, renting a place to run their scams.

or Chinese? Or any asean country? Or anywhere else you can think of maybe closer to Singapore and easier to travel here from? 

you really think there are Nigerians coming and renting a place in Singapore to run scams?! 😂 🤦‍♂️ 

17 hours ago, iKneadyou said:

Just yesterday “just moved to Singapore. I’m in the whiskey trade”. I already sensed a red flag there

Yeah, they are often newcomers to the city and seeking "sincere friends..."  One guy I chatted with recently had on his profile, "seeking true hearted friends" which is a dead giveaway of using some online translation from Chinese. I just hope that most people are smart enough to just ignore, block, and report them. 

Love. 

14 hours ago, yhtang said:

Often they can only chat in Chinese. 

With grindr extra you can select the place to be seen. 

I don't think these Chinese friendship scammers are in Singapore. 

14 hours ago, yhtang said:

Err... isn't there some element of racism in your post?  Why they have to be Nigerian?   Cannot I,  an American, run fake love scams as good as any Nigerian?   I haven't tried it yet, but I am confident that I can...

But this use of other people's photos is somewhat old fashioned.  Today, with AI,  we can create the most delightful, attractive, enticing picture imaginable.  This is how I would do it,  starting with my own photo and having AI doing some little?  retouches.  :) 

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Err... isn't there some element of racism in your post?  Why they have to be Nigerian?   Cannot I,  an American, run fake love scams as good as any Nigerian?   I haven't tried it yet, but I am confident that I can...

But this use of other people's photos is somewhat old fashioned.  Today, with AI,  we can create the most delightful, attractive, enticing picture imaginable.  This is how I would do it,  starting with my own photo and having AI doing some little?  retouches.  :) 

Oh! You can go up in arms against racism over here just becos of a random choice of the use of the country "Nigeria", but you remain quiet and silent when your liar buddy-pal accuses Chinese specifically to be scam artists as quoted below??

8 hours ago, singalion said:

Guest Guest
20 hours ago, Guest Huh said:

or Chinese? Or any asean country? Or anywhere else you can think of maybe closer to Singapore and easier to travel here from? 

you really think there are Nigerians coming and renting a place in Singapore to run scams?! 😂 🤦‍♂️ 

Not yet renting a place in Singapore to run gay love scams yet, but you are definitely close enough. 

Woman who had child with Nigerian love scammer gets jail for helping to launder S$356,000 - CNA (channelnewsasia.com) 

21 hours ago, Guest Huh said:

I cannot tell if there are Nigerians coming and renting a place in Singapore to run scams, but this Straits Times news article dated 7 Dec 2021 would indicate their hand in love scams in Singapore.  The report does say these 2 convicted Nigerians were involved in a love scan operating from Malaysia.  

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/jail-for-2-nigerian-members-of-love-scam-who-recruited-sporean-women-as-money

8 hours ago, singalion said:

If the scammers chat in Chinese, they may not be in Singapore at all. 

This article from the Straits Times dated 14 Nov 2023 reports of people trapped in guarded compounds in Cambodia being forced to internet scamming activities.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/man-lured-to-work-in-myanmar-scam-compounds-was-beaten-electrocuted

9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I can understand you sensing an element of racism in my post. 

I do not know how your algorithm in US works, but where I am, if I were to type "Nigerian love scams", quite a few article comes up.  I am not the creator of this phrase.  Of course, the existence of this phrase does not mean all Nigerians are scammers.  

This Fox4 news article dated 28 February 2023 reports of a Nigerian in Texas being sentenced to 20 years jail for running a love scam.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/ringleader-of-gang-using-romance-scams-on-elderly-sentenced-to-20-years-in-prison

Edited by yhtang
Corrected typo - should be 20 years, not 40 years jail.

59 minutes ago, yhtang said:

This Fox4 news article dated 28 February 2023 reports of a Nigerian in Texas being sentenced to 40 years jail for running a love scam.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/ringleader-of-gang-using-romance-scams-on-elderly-sentenced-to-20-years-in-prison

I fully agree with you.  This miserable Nigerian deserve his 20 years in prison, or the 40 years in jail,  for his abominable acts.

OH MY GOD!   I am an elderly retired person in Texas!  What if some Nigerian runs a romance scam ON ME???  Thanks for making me aware, ha ha.

Guest Guess Guest
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

I fully agree with you.  This miserable Nigerian deserve his 20 years in prison, or the 40 years in jail,  for his abominable acts.

OH MY GOD!   I am an elderly retired person in Texas!  What if some Nigerian runs a romance scam ON ME???  Thanks for making me aware, ha ha.

you wish

13 hours ago, singalion said:

It's a pity when some Guest trolls, in particular of that one who can't hold any grasp of the English language, when I clearly started my sentence with the word OFTEN!

As if the probability of a Non Chinese Foreigner to approach you in Mandarin would be very high. 

That Guest troll is really amusing us here. 

5 hours ago, yhtang said:

I can understand you sensing an element of racism in my post. 

I do not know how your algorithm in US works, but where I am, if I were to type "Nigerian love scams", quite a few article comes up.  I am not the creator of this phrase.  Of course, the existence of this phrase does not mean all Nigerians are scammers.  

This Fox4 news article dated 28 February 2023 reports of a Nigerian in Texas being sentenced to 20 years jail for running a love scam.

It had been better to quote the article in your initial post. But don't worry I was fully clear that from onset you didn't intend to make any racist remark and probably might love to enjoy a BBC. ha ha

I wonder if some of the poor scammers in our region are these chaps imprisoned in those Laos/ Myanmar labour camps... lured by false job ads. 

Edited by singalion

Guest Guest
21 hours ago, singalion said:

7 hours ago, singalion said:

It's a pity when some Guest trolls, in particular of that one who can't hold any grasp of the English language, when I clearly started my sentence with the word OFTEN!

As if the probability of a Non Chinese Foreigner to approach you in Mandarin would be very high. 

That Guest troll is really amusing us here. 

First, he targets only the Chinese racially by claiming that "Often they (the scammers) can only chat in Chinese". Then he reaffirms his own words, and thereby reinforcing his own racism mindset, by using the phrase "these Chinese friendship scammers".

It is as if we have not encountered enough scammers who chat in English as well! So why target only the Chinese who chat only in Chinese?

If this is not racism, what is??

Simply because these scammers on apps who provide pictures of Chinese guys approach you in Mandarin. 

There is simply nothing racist as I m just recalling a fact.

The same fact has been quoted and mentioned by plenty of other members at this forum. 

This Guest has personal issues. 

It is a futile to discuss something with people who obviously are mental!

Edited by singalion

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, singalion said:

Simply because these scammers on apps who provide pictures of Chinese guys approach you in Mandarin. 

There is simply nothing racist as I m just recalling a fact.

The same fact has been quoted and mentioned by plenty of other members at this forum. 

This Guest has personal issues. 

It is a futile to discuss something with people who obviously are mental!

And this is what some racist calls "recalling a fact"? This is as racist as calling out the fact that "Indians are smelly and they were conman." Is that a "fact", or is that racism? 

This Member is racist against Chinese. Period.

Anyone can be a scammer. Just as anyone can be smart, genuine, good looking, etc, or fall into the opposite camp in each of the qualities mentioned above. Race has nothing to do with it. 

As someone pointed out above, it just so happens that several of the scams we see on Grindr are from guys who are Chinese (or might just claim to be). There’s no need to jump to stereotypes (I mean, conclusions) that all Chinese guys are gonna scam you. 

If that’s how you think, you might need to re-evaluate your thought processes and your outlook because, quoting Taylor Swift, “It’s me (you), hi, I’m (you’re) the problem…”

Guest Guess Guest

Right here on BW, got some losers want to take credit for other people's ideas or use their nicks.

Losers with no integrity.

5 hours ago, youdoyou said:

someone pointed out above, it just so happens that several of the scams we see on Grindr are from guys who are Chinese (or might just claim to be). There’s no need to jump to stereotypes (I mean, conclusions) that all Chinese guys are gonna scam you. 

Exactly, I never said anything else.

At no point I said every Chinese guy is a scammer.

BW readers are well aware that I fight racist tendencies in this forum.

I also don’t really have the ability to verify whether these Scammer guys are in fact Chinese as I m not in a good position to see whether the Mandarin used is proper.

The thing I encountered is that these supposedly Chinese scammers write one or two sentences in English then continue in Mandarin or ask if you speak Mandarin.

This behaviour seems to indicate their origin.

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, singalion said:

I also don’t really have the ability to verify whether these Scammer guys are in fact Chinese as I m not in a good position to see whether the Mandarin used is proper.

The thing I encountered is that these supposedly Chinese scammers write one or two sentences in English then continue in Mandarin or ask if you speak Mandarin.

不说还好。

越说越黑。

Guest Guest
16 hours ago, singalion said:

You mean to say you think you will only deem yourself to be a racist when you say that "every Chinese guy is a scammer "?? Are you stupid?

You yourself say that you "don’t really have the ability to verify whether these Scammer guys are in fact Chinese" and yet there you are, talking about ""these Chinese friendship scammers". And you also claimed that "Often they (the scammers) can only chat in Chinese" as if you haven't seen scammers commuicating in English in the past!

BW readers are well aware that you are a hypocrite, and you are nothing more than a racist bigot pretending to be woke enough to "fight racist tendencies in this forum".

Guest Guest
53 minutes ago, singalion said:

Instead of this repeated trolling and ranting by a mentally challenged Guest, should go back to the topic?

@Moderators: @G_M @IkuTube @HendryTan

The easiest long term solution is to ban racist bigots like you pretending to be woke.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.